Animated objects' senses [HLH spoilers]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Animated objects' senses [HLH spoilers]

I just noticed the animated cauldron in HLH has darkvision, while the bestiary's animated objects have nightvision. Is this intentional?

I see some differences in monsters sheets in Rise of the Runelord too. In some cases I just think that they changed the entry in the bestiary after that, I think that this is the case of this creature.

Comment

• Simaruk
      Simaruk commented
      Editing a comment
      Leafing through the bestiary, it seems that the nightvision ability was given to creatures who have both darkvision and low light vision in pathfinder – most notably ogres, magical beasts, and constructs.

I'll give that cauldron nightvision in my game... (sorry, sorcerer PC!)

I don't own any of the Adventure Paths so I can't say for certain, but generally speaking, creatures in a bestiary are "typical" of their type, while similar entries in an adventure might be different because they are tailored to that specific adventure.

... or a change was made in one book and not the other. Just look at the bright side: at least now you have options.

Comment

• aleguarita
      aleguarita commented
      Editing a comment
      Sure. Besides, a d8 instead of a d6 in one skill is far from a game breaker

I advise the animated have the same senses as the caster.

Comment

Working...
    X