Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[little plot hole] Rise of the Runelord, book 2. PLAYERS GET OUT HERE, SPOILER AHEAD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [little plot hole] Rise of the Runelord, book 2. PLAYERS GET OUT HERE, SPOILER AHEAD

There is a little plot hole on the first book (this, for sure, is a mistake from the original, Paizo AP, not from Pinnacle).

I'll repeat: this is a spoiler. If you are a player, you'll have much of the fun from this adventure broken. So, please, don't read it anymore.

[SPOILER]
    When the Pathfinders are investigating the Mill, on the first chapter, they can find barefoot prints from the Skinsaw Man.
    Their stat block, on the other hand, shows that he wear acrobat boots (that BigMike corrected it to be Boots of Elvenkind, that makes much more sense since he is sneaky creature). To make a barefoot trail, he must leave the boots behind, that doesn't make any sense. So, if will GM this part, change the description.
    [/SPOILER]

I never spotted that, even back when I ran the original PF AP, but that is amusing. Maybe the bottoms of the boots are worn out or he got them later off someone he killed.

Comment

• Gruzom
      Gruzom commented
      Editing a comment
      I'd say the latter.
      I Game Mastered this twice and never noticed ...

• aleguarita
      aleguarita commented
      Editing a comment
      I choose to describe as someone light and graceful, like an elf. This create some mislead and confusion because of the stench on the place.

Click image for larger version

Name:	FTPerson-barefoot-running.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	264.5 KB
ID:	58679
    Boots of Elvenkind

Comment

• Gruzom
      Gruzom commented
      Editing a comment
      Dwarven Iron Boots of Stomping!
      StompStompStompStompStompStompStomp ...

• Deskepticon
      Deskepticon commented
      Editing a comment
      Gruzom favored by wine-makers

• Gruzom
      Gruzom commented
      Editing a comment
      Ho Ho Ho! :-)

If memory serves, the tracks of this creature lead from the mill into the river. If you really feel the need to resolve this plot hole, it's not unreasonable to assume the creature stripped off its clothes and shoes before entering the water, comitted its nefarious deeds in its birthday suit, then returned for its attire afterwards.

Comment

• Gruzom
      Gruzom commented
      Editing a comment
      Nasty ... but fun!

• mikeawmids
      mikeawmids commented
      Editing a comment
      lol, I wouldn't want my tackle flapping about near a log splitter, but a ghouls gotta' do what a ghouls gotta' do.
Working...
X