Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PF loremasters: what's up with the Tarrasque's alignment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PF loremasters: what's up with the Tarrasque's alignment?

Is it Neutral? Is it Evil? I was under the impression PF Tarrasque is Evil spawn of Rovagug, but the PFSW Bestiary Tarrasque read Neutral alignment.

(I know in original d&d it was Neutral creature, I'm asking for PF lore.)

The PF presents two versions of the beast, one of then is a Neutral beast and the other Chaotic Evil.
    the neutral version is the “original” and appears on the Bestiary 1, so it’s clearly the version that they worked on SWPF. I imagine that after that they put some lore and changed it to be the Spawn of Rovagug.

Comment

On the Archives of Nethys, that happens to be the Paizo’s official SRD: “The statistics presented here for the Tarrasque differ slightly from those in the Bestiary—this version more accurately represents the Tarrasque as the mightiest of Rovagug’s spawn.”
      The Tarrasque, referred to in ancient texts as the “Armageddon Engine,” is the greatest of Rovagug’s spawn. Its previously recorded devastation of Ninshabur and Avistan occurred in –632 AR, and culminated in the destruction of the flying Shory city of Kho. It was sealed away in a cavern somewhere in the Inner Sea region. Although the location of this cavern has been lost, rumors of possible locations include nearly every mountainous region, the Mwangi Expanse, and even under the Isle of Kortos itself.<br /><br />The statistics presented here for the Tarrasque differ slightly from those in the <i>Bestiary</i>—this version more accurately represents the Tarrasque as the mightiest of Rovagug’s spawn.

Comment

Thanks!

So unless I'm missing something, the newer "more accurate" version has the following changes: darkvision, godspawn abilities (hibernation and unstoppable force) and Chaotic Evil alignment like Rovagug.

Comment

• Deskepticon
          Deskepticon commented
          Editing a comment
          The godspawn version is also immune to ability drain. Otherwise, you are correct.
      Working...
      X