Shape Change 1.7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shape Change 1.7

Shape Change doesn’t allow to change to a dragon anymore, yet the text example mention changing to a copper dragon and this can be confine for some player. But honestly I can’t think in a creature too the types that are allowed that have power to give an example.

By the way: why not put dragon as epic modifier with +2? I remember all that discusion as it’s overpower because of the breath, but putting this as an epic makes the character get an advantage for that

Originally posted by aleguarita View Post
    Shape Change doesn’t allow to change to a dragon anymore, yet the text example mention changing to a copper dragon and this can be confine for some player.
    There is an official answer that the example is a typo since SWADE uses a similar example for Shape Change.

As for Dragon Epic Modifier, adding this option will make druids better dragon-shifters than any other class... A better choice is writing a new edge to specifically allow dragon shapes.

Comment

Originally posted by Simaruk View Post
      There is an official answer that the example is a typo since SWADE uses a similar example for Shape Change.

As for Dragon Epic Modifier, adding this option will make druids better dragon-shifters than any other class... A better choice is writing a new edge to specifically allow dragon shapes.
      A new edge could be a good solution. And maybe a new edge requiring Sorcerer's Advanced Bloodline to allow him to assume forms for that kind of creature. I think that this go away from the original PF, but that would be awesome

Comment

• Natural Three
        Natural Three commented
        Editing a comment
        Correct me if I'm wrong, but... isn't this pretty much what the Dragon Disciple prestige edges do?

The original d20 prestige class was only available to sorcerers and other spontaneous arcane casters of draconic descent, but with the prestige edges available to everyone, shouldn't Dragon Disciple be a valid option for druids as well? I'm worried that allowing dragon forms via the regular Shape Change power might easily make the Dragon Disciple edges somewhat redundant.

I'd love to see options for staying in dragon form for longer, or taking larger dragon shapes, for example - but I think I'd prefer them to be additional prestige edges in the Dragon Disciple tree rather than just modifiers to Shape Change.

• aleguarita
        aleguarita commented
        Editing a comment
        Natural Three. Yes, I agree that this option on the spell could make the Dragon Disciple irrelevant, since the spell is so better. While you can spend a Conviction to transform one more time or breathing again, switch into a dragon via power is limited only via PP and there is plenty of ways to recover this fast.

Dragon Disciple isn't only a viable option to druids, but to monks, paladins and rangers as well (and this is awesome. Imagine how cool is to play a monk that change is shape to a dragon). What Simaruk says about the druid is that when they use shape change, they last the double time in that form. With the duration power modifier that could means 10 minutes in dragon form (for just 1 pp), I have to agree with him that allow dragon modifier as epic modifier will make druids very powerful: imagine that they have my suggestion of +2, for 6 pp a druid could change to a wyrmling for 10 minutes (3 for novice use, +1 for duration and +2 for epic power)... if he never took the Power Points Edge, this means that he lasts in that form by 50 minutes total... and for just one Bennie for more 50 minutes... When I suggested that, I didn't considered this.

Edit: typos
        Last edited by aleguarita; 01-11-2022, 09:55 PM.

• Simaruk
        Simaruk commented
        Editing a comment
        Dragon Monk is awesome and very wuxia thematic. The Monk edge also upgrades the dragon form's claw damage die, and adds additional +2 AP.

I also see no problem with druids transforming it dragon forms – the problem is with dragon forms via the Shape Change power, as explained by aleguarita
    Working...
    X