Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are there plans to convert other Pathfinder adventure paths beyond ROTRL?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are there plans to convert other Pathfinder adventure paths beyond ROTRL?

Has anyone heard if PEG has any intention of converting other Pathfinder adventure paths to Savage Worlds? Seems like this one did pretty well from a KS revenue perspective. I've searched on the Kickstarter FAQ and these forums but I cannot find the answer if there is one. Thanks!

The question came up multiple times, the only answer I'm aware of is "it depends on wether PFSW does well". So no, they haven't announced anything yet.

Comment

I thought they confirmed they were going to produce more material, but not what that additional material would be.

A problem mentioned a while back about Savage Worlds in general is that adventures do not do as well as core books, or splat books (I he used another term). So while they are interested in producing more materials for Pathfinder, we do not get to know what it will b until they are ready.

Comment

• Donald Schepis
        Donald Schepis commented
        Editing a comment
        This is 90% accurate. The only thing is that adventures don't sell as well as other content regardless of system. D&D, Savage Worlds, Genysis, etc., all sell fewer copies of adventures than other book types.

• Ndreare
        Ndreare commented
        Editing a comment
        That is interesting, I did not realize it was an industry wide thing. I really like prepublished adventures even when I do nto plan to use them as designed, we still use them for outlines and for the ideas in them.

• Burning_Tyger
        Burning_Tyger commented
        Editing a comment
        In the SW settings I have played in, I have found the adventures, even the central plot-point campaigns, to be much less fleshed out than I would really like to see. If the whole adventure is 2 or 3 pages, that's not what I am looking for. I have been GMing for 30 years. I'm tired. I don't want an "outline". Give me a fully fleshed out campaign with fully engineered dungeon crawls and cities and maps and progression paths. Sure you still need to be able to improvise and flesh out a few things, but the less I have to do, the better. That's why I asked this question. I have found RORL to be the most complete campaign I have ever played for any Savage Worlds setting , and I want more of that.

I can neither confirm nor deny any upcoming adventure paths/the next adventure path. However, I can confirm that I am once again getting very little sleep and it's at least partially due to SWPF .

Once I can talk more about what I'm working on, I'm sure ill be talking about it nonstop.

Comment

• Simaruk
        Simaruk commented
        Editing a comment
        Hype!

• Burning_Tyger
        Burning_Tyger commented
        Editing a comment
        That's great (unconfirmed) news!

• Ndreare
        Ndreare commented
        Editing a comment
        lol,
        Are you trying to be the Tom Holland of PEG Mike? If so I need all your social accounts so I can start following.

My money is on Mummy's Mask, as I recall Shane mentioning it (and possibly Iron Gods?) on one of the pre PF4SW promo videos.

Comment

• Simaruk
        Simaruk commented
        Editing a comment
        My bet is on Advanced Player's Guide conversation, meaning more ancestries and class edges. We know this kind of content typically sells more than adventures.
        Last edited by Simaruk; 10-22-2021, 05:12 PM.

• Gruzom
        Gruzom commented
        Editing a comment
        The APG is great! But that's probably not it, as the subject of this AP's.
        Last edited by Gruzom; 10-31-2021, 06:34 PM.

• Donald Schepis
        Donald Schepis commented
        Editing a comment
        The stream you're referring to was where the team was asked what their favorite Adventure Paths are, not which ones will be next.

Personally, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for either Iron Gods, Kingmaker or Wrath of the Righteous! All three adventure paths are awesome and each one involves a different set of specialized mechanics (sci fi-technology, nation building and mythic levels respectively).

But there are a lot of great adventure paths out there.

Comment

Carrion Crown for me! Big fan of Gothic horror!
        'But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked. 'Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: 'we're all mad here.'

The Order of the Dice... OF DOOM!

Comment

Working...
        X