Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Savage Pathfinder unique iconics are cool!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Savage Pathfinder unique iconics are cool!

I didn't even realize until someone pointed it out that Savage Pathfinder has a whole second set of iconcic archetypes, with their own art and little backstories.

For those who aren't familiar, Pathfinder's iconics are the pregens for the game, and in regular use at one-shots and Pathfinder Society scenarios. It was natural to have them show up in SWPF as well, and they're the first set of archetypes for the game.

However, SWPF introduces a second set of iconics who are - as far as I can tell - unique to Savage Pathfinder.

One of the cool things is that the existing PF iconics show up regularly in fiction, and each has a pretty detailed backstory. Are we going to see these unique Savage Pathfinder iconics get any expansion, or are they pretty much one-off pregens?

Do we know the story on these guys? Were they playtest characters that got made into iconics or were they created just for that? And if they were PCs, who played who?
    Last edited by SteelDraco; 09-30-2021, 07:19 PM.

Where can we see them?

Comment

• Simaruk
      Simaruk commented
      Editing a comment
      Archtype Cards Pack #2.

• Gruzom
      Gruzom commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks!

Love that there is a "No Class" archetype in there (Darla).

Comment

• Simaruk
      Simaruk commented
      Editing a comment
      The BEST original iconic. Great stuff!

Originally posted by SteelDraco View Post
    Do we know the story on these guys? Were they playtest characters that got made into iconics or were they created just for that? And if they were PCs, who played who?
    Mike Barbeau made them. They're all designed to show off elements of the system and generally be cool, and as far as I know, they're not based on anything directly. BigMike might have something else to say, though!

Comment

Hey,

These were made to show off the different builds you can make using the different Class Edges and give some fun varients for convention play, so you aren't always playing the iconics. I also wanted to showcase that taking a specific Class Edge didn't lock you into some kind of "build". That's why if you look at some of them, they don't hold to the traditional "feel" of a forced class. You can go Javelineer Barbarian, Archer Paladin, etc..,

A few of these are based off playtest characters and the "No Class" character was to show that you could still make an awesome SW character for SWPF without taking a Class Edge.

As for seeing them in the future, I don't know. That will depend on how our collaboration with Paizo develops as we continue on.

I will say that they were fun to use at Deadwood and the swordsman with one arm is my favorite.

I am glad you enjoy them and hope you and everyone have fun with these characters and the NPC's and enemies from the other packs.

-Mike

Comment

Working...
      X