Next AP converted? - Question for PEG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next AP converted? - Question for PEG

Will there be a second Pathfinder AP converted to SW after Rise of the Rune Lords?
    If yes, which one(s)?

What's the plan?!

Personally, I've a craving for Iron Gods, Hell's Rebels, Kingmaker and Carrion Crown. But, really, I want them all:-)

On page 7 of the Savage Pathfinder core book it says “in Pathfinder for Savage Worlds we’re converting Paizo’s legendary Adventure Paths. The first, Rise of the Runelords….” This gives me great hope that they will make more (assuming the Runelords conversion sells well).

on a similar note, on page 43 under Class Edges, it says “Look for additional Class Edges in future books.”

Comment

Here are the Adventure Paths in chronological order. It would be interesting to find out wether PEG would convert them in that order (some were more popular than others).
      Anyone up for arranging them in order of preference (higly subjective I know). (I used "order" three times in as many sentences - argh!)

Rise of the Runelords
      Curse of the Crimson Throne
      Second Darkness
      Legacy of Fire
      Council of Thieves
      Kingmaker
      Serpent's Skull
      Carrion Crown
      Jade Regent
      Skull & Shackles
      Shattered Star
      Reign of Winter
      Wrath of the Righteous
      Mummy's Mask
      Iron Gods
      Giantslayer
      Hell'sHell's Vengeance Rebels
      Strange Aeons
      Ironfang Invasion
      Ruins of Azlant
      War for the Crown
      Return of the Runelords
      Tyrant's Grasp

Comment

• Donald Schepis
        Donald Schepis commented
        Editing a comment
        We have to coordinate with Paizo before we start a conversion, but we're not locked into any set order.

• Gruzom
        Gruzom commented
        Editing a comment
        That's good news (that you can decide the order yourself).
        Thanks for the info:-)!

Arranging them in a personal subjective order based on a person's likes and dislikes relies upon having at least read or hopefully played all/most of the paths. While we played Pathfinder for most of it's 11 year history in our home game, our group only met every 2 weeks for 4 hours, and there were breaks for things like holidays, illness, or just a desire to play a different game (whether another rpg or a new board game that someone bought). There were also breaks if someone left the group and we had to find a new player. There was also some GM rotation among the group to give everyone a chance to play sometimes, not forced to be a "forever-GM".

While we only played adventure paths some of the time, other times character's personal stories took the game in another direction. We played Rise of the Runelords (that went off the rails after the 4th book in the series), we played all/most of Legacy of Fire, and were in the process of playing Giantslayer when Covid hit and we could no longer play (our characters were 13th level at that point, and the story seemed to be sticking pretty close to the path as written). We played only bits and pieces from other paths, not the whole campaigns.
      Last edited by Samurai007; 08-22-2021, 07:53 PM.

Comment

• Gruzom
        Gruzom commented
        Editing a comment
        You're right - I guess that very few people have played through all AP's. Maybe I should have said "arrange in order of interest ..."

One can always dream ... My personal wishlist would look something like this:

Rise of the Runelords
      Curse of the Crimson Throne
      Kingmaker
      Iron Gods
      Strange Aeons
      Serpent's Skull
      Hell's Rebels
      Hell's Vengeance Rebels
      Carrion Crown
      Skull & Shackles
      Reign of Winter
      Mummy's Mask

Comment

Good news buddy, with the core book, fantasy companion and new Pathfinder books, you can convert any of the existing APs over to SW yourself! This might even be preferable to waiting for Pinnacle to do it all official-like, as so far as I can tell they've taken a very CNTRL C + CNTRL V approach to presenting the content, which jars with my own (personal) perception of SW as FFF.

You can also use the class Edges in PF4SW to conver D&D adventures like Curse of Strahd or Descent into Avernus.

I'm hoping to convert Curse of the Crimson Throne in 2022, but I'll be doing it myself to cut out all the bloat. The whole Shoanti scavenger hunt bit from book 4 can be trimmed waaaay down from how it is presented in the source material.

EDIT: I have run first part of Mummy's Mask in SWADE, but the first book does not convert well, being three dungeon crawls that serve little purpose beyond the PCs find a particular McGuffin at the end of dungeon #3. If I run this again, I'll likely drop book #1 entirely, have the PCs recover the mask from a ruin in tbe desert and progress straight to the auction at the start of book 2.
        Last edited by mikeawmids; 08-25-2021, 03:34 PM.

Comment

• Gruzom
          Gruzom commented
          Editing a comment
          You're not wrong - It wouldn't be too hard ... I still want them though:-)

• Ndreare
          Ndreare commented
          Editing a comment
          Originally posted by Gruzom
          You're not wrong - It wouldn't be too hard ... I still want them though:-)
          I feel this way, it is always nice to have an official conversation because of the "shared experience".

But I also have no problem converting stuff and do it all the time.
      Working...
      X