Book versions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Book versions

Some of the books no longer have a version number on them. However, I've received updates that books have been updated. These books that no longer have version numbers and then are updated makes it more difficult to be sure I have the latest version. Is there a reason version iterations are no longer noted on some books?

Really? I did not realize. I will have to redownload everything tonight.

Comment

I've believe that the latest files that you get from PEG's site should still have a version number, only files that you get from DrivethruRPG don't have them. That's why I much prefer the files directly from Pinnacle.

Comment

• Donald Schepis
        Donald Schepis commented
        Editing a comment
        The note with the version number should still be on the PEG files, as Samurai007 notes above. Someone explained to me what causes DriveThru to kill the note with the version number once, but I'm struggling to remember. I think it's something to do with the watermark DriveThru automatically adds or some such?

• Samurai007
        Samurai007 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, Drivethru automatically adds a watermark with your name and the order number at the bottom of every pdf they sell. I believe that is what conflicts with the version note.

• Deskepticon
        Deskepticon commented
        Editing a comment
        Donald Schepis Is there a reason PEG chooses to use a "sticky note" for version number and not simply provide that on the copyright page?
        Seems like it would fix a whole slough of problems and questions that arise.

Originally posted by Samurai007 View Post
      I've believe that the latest files that you get from PEG's site should still have a version number, only files that you get from DrivethruRPG don't have them. That's why I much prefer the files directly from Pinnacle.
      Thanks for letting me know! I'll stick with just downloading the files directly from PEG.

Comment

I agree. I think version numbers should be in the print of the book, not a pdf note. And yes, I know that older print books will have a note effectively saying they're outdated, but most days, you can figure that out from copyright date in book front.

Comment

The book version on the PDF instead of a note would really be great. I bought the core and bestiary on the DriveThruRPG and I really regret. The AP I bought here on PEG site and the PDFs are just better

Comment

Speaking of books, when are the dead tree copies scheduled to ship?

Comment

Working...
            X