Dispel Area of Effect?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dispel Area of Effect?

Donald Schepis The Area of Effect value for dispel has conflicting modifiers listed:

"AREA OF EFFECT (+1/+2/+3): The effect covers an area: +2 Power Points uses a Small
    Blast Template, +4 points uses Medium, or +6 uses Large."

Please clarify which values to use?

BigMike can correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure it's the values listed in the parenthesis. The body text is the boilerplate text for your standard Area of Effect modifier, so I suspect that text didn't get updated when the values were changed.

Comment

Originally posted by Donald Schepis View Post
      The body text is the boilerplate text for your standard Area of Effect modifier, so I suspect that text didn't get updated when the values were changed.
      A cursory glance through SWADE's powers shows this statement to be false. All single-target powers that can be expanded to AE use +2 PP for Medium Blast and +3 PP for Large Blast. No power in the core rules uses +4 for Medium or +6 for Large.

A far more likely explanation is that when adding AE to dispel, it was either initially felt the modifiers should cost more, or the writer was simply in error when the body text was written. Either way, it was missed when the figures were adjusted to remain consistent with the core rules.

Comment

I will take a look at this.

Comment

Working...
        X