Twin Souled Sorcerer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twin Souled Sorcerer

I was wanting to design a character with twin souls. Basically a sorcerer with both celestial and abyssal heritage. (Basically his father was of celestial heritage and his mother was of abyssal heritage.) I was thinking a way to build this would be to select Sorcerer as his free class, and then again at seasoned take sorcerer again (as if it were a prestige edge). As most of the features would be duplicate I know he would not gain the other benefits again. But being able to take a second soul would be needed for the concept. Is this legit mechanically, or is it forbidden?

I am inclined to think it is forbidden, meaning the character will require some GM fiat to allow. But am curious if if it would be allowed.

RAW, you can only take the same Edge twice if the Edge states as such. Thus, retaking Sorceror at Seasoned would not be allowed by default.

Comment

It's not allowed using RAW, but you could create a new edge for it, similar to how I created a Cleric edge: Additional Domain (Seasoned, Cleric): You learn an additional Domain related to your God and get 2 powers from that Domain. From now on, when you take the New Powers edge, you may draw from both your Domains for powers. You may only take this edge once.

Maybe something like this: Twin Souled (Seasoned, Sorcerer): You gain the base Bloodline effects from another Sorcerer Bloodline. If and when you take the Advanced Bloodline edge, it only advances one of your Bloodlines unless you take that edge a second time (not normally allowed but permissible for you because you have 2 Bloodlines). You may only take this edge once.

Or you could say that Twin Souled is a Heroic edge, replacing your opportunity for the Advanced Bloodline edge, allowing you 2 base Bloodlines but neither can ever become Advanced because of your split nature.

Comment

• Samurai007
        Samurai007
        Registered Member
        Samurai007 commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree, I've never had a character make it all the way to Heroic either, just as in over 40 years of playing D&D, I've never had a character go all the way from 1st to 20th level using the normal experience progression. I've played far more D&D than Savage Worlds, but still, it seems very rare unless you have a truly motivated and dedicated gaming group!
        Samurai007
        Registered Member
        Last edited by Samurai007; 08-18-2021, 06:37 AM.

• aleguarita
        aleguarita
        Registered Member
        aleguarita commented
        Editing a comment
        Great and elegant solution.

• Jonah Hex
        Jonah Hex
        Registered Member
        Jonah Hex commented
        Editing a comment
        @Samurai007: I think that's a you problem. I've run many PPs to Heroic - Evernight, 50F, Rippers, 2 Deadlands, Runepunk. Just the main plot plus, at most, one savage tale between each one. 12 advances isn't that much.
    Working...
    X