Arcane Conversion for Late Backers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arcane Conversion for Late Backers

I believe I remember seeing the Arcane Conversion on my download page when it was “coming soon”, but now that it is out it is no longer there. Am I just missing something obvious or is it unintentionally missing? I am a late backer at the top level (RotR and Core box sets).

I am a late backer and in the same situation. I had a link to the Arcane Conversion (and it is in my receipt) but now it is gone. Hope this can get fixed - was one of the reasons I got the late backer pledge.
    Mingmage
    Registered Member
    Last edited by Mingmage; 08-14-2021, 09:47 PM.

Comment

Ok not just me. I am sure they will get it sorted after the weekend.

Comment

I am in this same situation, along with one other issue - the GM Screen inserts file still downloads as the 'Coming Soon' placeholder file instead of the actual download.
        It'd be nice the next time there was an update posted it could have all the files listed with the current version to ensure that we all have the latest versions.

Comment

Same here! I emailed the info mailbox but no response.

Comment

I'm not sure why my experience was different, but I actually got the GM Screen inserts, all 16 pages of them, (version 1.0).
            Samurai007
            Registered Member
            Last edited by Samurai007; 08-16-2021, 06:38 PM.

Comment

I got the GM screen just not arcane conversions.

Comment

Arcane Conversions was a stretch goal unlocked for backers during the campaign, the "Coming Soon" files were accidentally included in the gift bundle for late backers (when we make the late backer bundles on our site, we duplicate the original bundle and delete the things not included, just missed Arcane Conversions). If you are a late backer, you can purchase the PDF from our site.

Comment

That’s odd, because it says nowhere in the late pledge manager that this file is not included for late backers. And the kickstarter says the arcane conversions file is included for “all backers at Player (Digital) level and above”.
                  If this is how you treat your paying customers then consider this the last time I spend money on -any- of your products.

Comment

• Donald Schepis
                    Donald Schepis
                    Registered Member
                    Donald Schepis commented
                    Editing a comment
                    We use the language of "backers" and "late backers" very specifically in our campaigns. Late backers did not contribute towards the unlocking of any stretch goals; thus, we must respect the folks who supported the campaign in unlocking the stretch goal! For the folks who didn't join us for the active campaign, they'll have to spend $3 to buy the PDF.

Please point out for me on the Kickstarter page or the pledge manager where it says specifically late backers do not get all the unlocked stretch goals, as I cannot seem to find it anywhere there or in the updates.

Comment

Certainly! The FAQ item is linked here (titled "Is there anything not available after the Kickstarter?"), but I've quoted the relevant section below for ease of use:

Originally posted by Kickstarter FAQ: Is there anything not available after the Kickstarter?
                    We do *not* allow late backers to join our digital reward levels: Player (Digital), Game Master (Digital) or Runelord (Digital).

Those reward levels finished far more valuable than they started and were the hard work of people engaging in the Kickstarter while it was active.

Also, late backers at physical reward levels like Game Master (Print) will receive the PDFs for the physical items they're getting, but not the complete digital rewards Kickstarter backers receive.
                    Though, beyond this point I ask that folks reach out to [email protected] with any further questions or concerns. That connects you with the customer service folks, who are much better equipped to give everyone the information/assistance they need. Writing/design/production is more my department!

Comment

Ok, it is there. I still think this is a terrible way to treat customers, though - especially with the fact that late backers not counting toward the Kickstarter goals is a -benefit- for you, because you get more money per backer (because you don’t lose the Kickstarter percentage for backers in the pledge manager), and don’t have to use any of it toward stretch goals.
                      I wish you luck in your continued ventures, and I hope your attempt to make 2.99 from your late backers was worth it, because you just lost me as a customer, along with any of my gaming group - we’ll just go play another of the hundreds of games out there.

Comment

• Donald Schepis
                        Donald Schepis
                        Registered Member
                        Donald Schepis commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I'm sorry you think of it that way. It's not an attempt to get $3 from our late backers, but one of the ways we show appreciation for the folks who supported us during the campaign. If you were one of the backers of the live campaign, wouldn't you want that to mean something? Shouldn't backers who supported us and worked together as a community to make Pathfinder for Savage Worlds a success be rewarded?

I would have been fine if there was just an apology and some notification. Totally understand backers get preference but your website was not clear (somewhere in the FAQ just is not). No matter - this just could have been handled a bit more professionally.

We move on. As I am reviewing systems as we transition our now 3 year (multi setting) campaign from 5e to another ruleset, the spell conversations were an interesting element to see if SW was the right fight (it may be helpful with SF conversions as well).

My problem actually is $2.99 for 11 pages (5 of which are free on DrivethruRPG) of spells. Honestly these spells belong in the core book to complete the feel of Pathfinder using the SW system. These surprisingly were absent when I first read the SWPF ruleset. An additional purchase completed the corebook/rules to me. Unfortunate it required another purchase. I guess I would have made a different design choice.

I like Savage Worlds and am strongly considering it for our stream/transition. Hopefully you will consider the suggestion and handle such errors on your part better in the future.
                      Mingmage
                      Registered Member
                      Last edited by Mingmage; 08-19-2021, 03:08 AM.

Comment

Every spell in the Arcane Conversions is in the SWPF Core rules. The Arcane Conversions booklet just presents the existing powers with specific trappings and descriptors to show how they correspond to their D&D/Pathfinder analogues. It is in no way required to run Pathfinder for Savage Worlds, it is just a useful extra.

Comment

As the one who started this post, I think everyone has made some good points. I will agree it was not very clear, and the fact it was there on the download page did make it confusing. I was also wondering exactly what Donald pointed out, that what would be the point of pledging at the very beginning if you could just come in as a late backer and still get everything. If anything it could be a bonus that we have the option to get something promised to early backers. In the end I am fortunate that spending the $3 is not a big deal, so this has certainly not turned me off of the system (which I am excited to use). But I understand that not everyone will be in that boat.

It is a nice addition to the Core Rulebook as Mingmage pointed out. One of my biggest pet peeves/gripes about Savage Worlds has always been the powers. They are just to generic (intentionally). Now for many players this is a great thing as it lets you build spells. When I have a player I never cast bolt, or deflection, or protection. It is always, Firebolt, Tempest Aura, or Armor of God, etc. But as a GM I cringe every time I hear, I cast bolt, or dark sight, or boost trait. I think for those players this will be a great example document on how to build interesting spells.

Comment

Working...
                          X