Thoughts on Arcana Conversions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on Arcana Conversions

Nicely done, and a welcome addition to the though process behind how Powers map to D&D spells. However, what would have been really helpful is the spreadsheet the author was using in the video to do his thinking about conversions - I would have paid for a copy of that for sure. Also, no discussion on the super oddball spells that DON'T map to Savage Worlds Powers. There has to be quite a few! Thoughts?

One way I handle some of the issues is I allow rituals from Horror Companion to boost duration, range, etc. of Powers. Really helpful in thinking about a bad guy's territory and domain or realm effects. (Which you can obviously just hand-wave and narrate anyway).

On your oddball spells question, I notice that there is no listed way to do the classic Reincarnation spell or most of the Symbol-type spells... I guess that's what homebrew is for! But it's interesting and useful to see all the things that were included, and perhaps some of if it should have been in the core book as specific examples of re-creating Pathfinder's spells, maybe as a sidebar.

Comment

Originally posted by The Radioactivist View Post
      However, what would have been really helpful is the spreadsheet the author was using in the video to do his thinking about conversions - I would have paid for a copy of that for sure.
      Mike's the author of Arcane Conversions, not me. I just did the initial groundwork to define the scope of the new powers. That spreadsheet's only relevant as of the initial design conversations we had. A substantive portion would change based on the revisions to the powers since.

Comment

Working...
      X