Companion up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Companion up?

I didn't get an email about it, but when I checked my account, it was available for me to download. (Yes I am a Kickstarter backer.)

Yes, the email specifies the new releases. Here's an except from that email:

Here are available files for All Backers:
    • Pathfinder® for Savage Worlds Core Rules (Updated)*
    • Pathfinder® for Savage Worlds Inner Sea Poster Map*
    • Pathfinder® for Savage Worlds Power Cards (Updated)*
    • Pathfinder® for Savage Worlds Quick Chase Deck
    • Pathfinder® for Savage Worlds Archetype Cards Set 1 (Updated)*
    • Pathfinder® for Savage Worlds Archetype Cards Set 2 (Updated)*
    • Pathfinder® for Savage Worlds Companion (NEW)
    • Pathfinder® for Savage Worlds Bookmarks (NEW)*

Here are available files for Game Master and Runelord backers:
    • Pathfinder® for Savage Worlds Hollow's Last Hope (Updated)*
    • Pathfinder® for Savage Worlds Allies and Adversaries Cards (NEW)*
    • Pathfinder® for Savage Worlds Status Cards (Updated)*
    • Pathfinder® for Savage Worlds Bestiary (Updated)*
    • Pathfinder® for Savage Worlds Action Deck (NEW)

And finally, available files for Runelord backers only:
    • Pathfinder® for Savage Worlds Runelords Book 1 (Updated)*
    • Pathfinder® for Savage Worlds Runelords Book 2 (Updated)*
    • Pathfinder® for Savage Worlds Runelords Book 3 (Updated)*
    • Pathfinder® for Savage Worlds Runelords Book 4 (Updated)*
    • Pathfinder® for Savage Worlds Runelords Book 5 (Updated)*
    • Pathfinder® for Savage Worlds Runelords Book 6 (Updated)*
    • Pathfinder® for Savage Worlds Runelords Guide to Varisia (Updated)*
    • Pathfinder® for Savage Worlds Runelords Handouts (Updated)*
    • Pathfinder® for Savage Worlds Runelords Map*
    • Pathfinder® for Savage Worlds Runelords Adversary Cards*

Because most of the files are final we're changing the structure of the Pinnacle forums. We encourage you to continue to support one another on the forums, in the Official Facebook Group, or anywhere you run into Savage Pathfinder friends on the 'net.

To eliminate confusion, here are the last remaining files still in progress at this time. They have "Coming Soon" beside the file name to remind you not to try downloading them yet--there's nothing there. We'll announce them via Kickstarter Update when they're ready.
    • Pathfinder® for Savage Worlds GM Screen Inserts
    • Pathfinder® for Savage Worlds Arcane Conversions
    • all Pathfinder DIY VTT assets

Comment

The Companion also--and most importantly--has stats for the Varisian Bladed Scarf! Right after I'd homebrewed some up...

And also a bunch of other cool stuff. I especially like the Adventure Generator and the Encounter Tables.

Comment

Waiting for it hit the online store to buy it

Comment

Oh! I SO WISH I had the $$ to have been a backer. Just lousy timing on my part, now I must wait. *sniffles sadly* My friends arrives from the West Coast in August for our one shot set in Greyhawk, and I simply must have all the cool new books.

So, what is in the Companion? Also what will be in the Arcane Conversions (I would assume all the oddball spells/trappings that don't map to Powers very easily, or perhaps a list of Pathfinder/D&D spell names and their appropriate Power/trapping/modifier?

Comment

• Donald Schepis
            Donald Schepis commented
            Editing a comment
            Arcane Conversions is the latter of your two options.

Donald - I'm not following you? What do you mean?

Comment

• aleguarita
            aleguarita commented
            Editing a comment
            I think he means that the Arcane Conversions will be a list of all PF spells listing which power with mod is the SW equivalent

• Donald Schepis
            Donald Schepis commented
            Editing a comment
            Of the two options you listed in the parenthesis of your post, the second one is accurate. It's a list of a bunch of the Pathfinder spells with guidelines on how to recreate them using our powers as Mike said below.

The Arcane Conversion Sheets will contain a list of spells from pathfinder and the Trappings and Power Modifiers used to create them.

The list contains powers available to all arcane backgrounds. Aside from being a good starting point for iconic PF spells, this should also help players identify methodology behind the conversions, so they can make their own.

I know at least one spell is listed twice to show how it can be done in different ways based on the AB/powers you have taken.

Comment

This will be the HUGE missing enchilda for making Savage Worlds the go-to system. I can see it being a template for tons of conversion ideas - heck, all those AD&D 2nd Edition "Wizards Spell Compendiums" and such-forth, not to mention a way to help GMs really thing about other powers. I know it's going to make me happy for my Gamma World-style stuff. (Not that I could not convert before, but it really helps to have those who are authors of the system dig into how it maps Powers).

EDIT: I don't mean conversion - that's the wrong idea. I really mean understanding how discreet spells/mutations/psionics can map onto Savage Worlds Powers, and also ow to handle all the oddball powers out there.

Me - I'm going to allow the Ritual system from Savage Worlds Horror Companion into my Savage Pathfinder game for those super long-distance/long-duration type spells. And heck, for Epic or 10th-level spells, we can always look at how Rifts handled things.
            Last edited by The Radioactivist; 07-30-2021, 02:18 AM.

Comment

Just got the PEG newsletter today, and I noticed something... a ways down it says they "recently updated the chase deck", but because the email I had received (that I posted an except of above) didn't say the Chase deck had any changes, I hadn't re-downloaded it. Well, seeing that comment, I re-downloaded it today and it is version 1.1 now (I'd had v1.0). Not sure what the differences are, but I thought I'd let the board know because in my post above, it didn't say the Chase deck was updated.

Comment

• aleguarita
              aleguarita commented
              Editing a comment
              Where you see the version? I’m trying to redownload my books on both sites but neither of then specifies that the file is updated

• Samurai007
              Samurai007 commented
              Editing a comment
              Look at the upper left corner of the cover to find a little yellow "note" tab. Hover your cursor over if for the version number.

The Chase Deck was just updated yesterday. I am working on a couple of other files so I never got a chance to make a post about it. Main change is the second page of the instruction sheet which explains the keywords and provides and example. On the cards, there were some keyword changes (not all clubs are Complications, and added Complication to one non-club) and 9 spades got its missing text.

Comment

• Jonah Hex
              Jonah Hex commented
              Editing a comment
              I know I would really like to see all the rules on the one page, including the keywords. In play, we really don't need either the card samples or the FFF banner on that page.

I did a quick look over, it seems that there are some minor changes (4. On your turn, 3rd black bullet "cleric" became "character", and under jokers 3rd black bullet players may keep 1 card, the "may" was added) in the how to use page, they added an example and 9 Spades has text, 3 of Diamonds too. That is all I caught.

It would still be nice to have blank chase cards instead of just blank spots near the end by the jokers. I know some use 4 joker decks and others like to alter cards for one reason or another.
            Please come on down and see my SWAG. There I have a Settingless line of pdfs to enhance your Settings with new Setting Rules. Also I have a variety of 3D models for you to print your own Wild Card, Extras, Templates, and Status play aids.
            https://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse....ristian%20Merz
            Happy Gaming

Comment

Any word on the hard copies of the Pathfinder books shipping? I saw today where my Rifts Atlantis books have shipped. I ordered 3 Pinnacle Kickstarters around the same time and the eta's are all jumbly in my head. After our Deadlands campaign ends I'll have to decide between Rifts and Pathfinder. I really enjoy the variety Savage Worlds offers. I think my group has become spoiled in having a large number of products available from PEG. I don't think I have ever been in a situation where I'm waiting on a company to develop the games that I plan on playing.

Isn't that a sign of the Apocolypse?

Comment

• Donald Schepis
                Donald Schepis commented
                Editing a comment
                The PDF for Rifts Atlantis is available for backers, but the books haven't shipped.

Thank you Mr Schepis! I kind of assumed I would get my shipments in some sort of chronological order. That would have messed my OCD mind up pretty bad.

Comment

Working...
              X