Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Developer request: Some statblocks for monsters, please? (While we wait)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Developer request: Some statblocks for monsters, please? (While we wait)

Hey, gang,

I know you're heavily focused on reviewing the core rulebook right now, but we've started a Savage Pathfinder game in my online group on Saturdays. I pulled together a battle with a couple of monsters from the Core Rulebook bestiary section, but there's not really a lot of 'iconic' monsters in there to fight. I know we're getting the bestiary and adventures as soon as possible, but can we get some statblocks to playtest while we're testing out the rules? It'd help us evaluate the class edges and other rules immensely if we could actually test them in an implementation of some kind. Seeing how the heroes compare to different ranked monsters would be super helpful in putting everything in perspective.

A nice preview of goblins and similar creatures would be super helpful in putting together something for my heroes to do while we're waiting for that epic Runelords quest to start. Heck, a quick adventure outline for a prologue to the Swallowtail Festival would be *amazing* right now.

You can check out the Sandpoint Devil we put out during the campaign.

​​​​​​You'll get some creatures to play with after we release v1 of Hollow's Last Hope and Rise Book #1. We're almost certainly not going to release an early preview of stat blocks from the bestiary because the time spent on that would delay getting other things out.

Comment

Originally posted by Donald Schepis View Post
      You can check out the Sandpoint Devil we put out during the campaign.

​​​​​​You'll get some creatures to play with after we release v1 of Hollow's Last Hope and Rise Book #1. We're almost certainly not going to release an early preview of stat blocks from the bestiary because the time spent on that would delay getting other things out.
      I downloaded that one, but I got the impression that was a high-level challenge? Is it appropriate for a group of 4 starting characters?

Comment

• Donald Schepis
        Donald Schepis commented
        Editing a comment
        Almost certainly not. I'm just directing you to what we do have out in the meantime.

not to pull the rug out from under the product, but there have been fanmade attempts to convert PF bestiaries to SW (and I think it important to keep in mind that an official product will have much more playtesting for balance than a fan conversion)
      a little googling and you should find some statblocks for goblins, kobolds, qlippoths, etc. without difficulty

Comment

Originally posted by chibikami View Post
        not to pull the rug out from under the product, but there have been fanmade attempts to convert PF bestiaries to SW (and I think it important to keep in mind that an official product will have much more playtesting for balance than a fan conversion)
        a little googling and you should find some statblocks for goblins, kobolds, qlippoths, etc. without difficulty
        Sure. The goal of the post was to get actual statblocks from the upcoming books so any playing we did would generate useful feedback for the developers.

Comment

Working...
        X