Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ring of Spell Storing description

I do not understand this..
    This ring can have a single power cast upon it at a time. As an action, the wearer can release the spell held within, cast with an arcane skill of d12 (as if cast by a Wild Card). The spell’s Duration cannot be extended or maintained, but it can be recast.

I ASSUME that the intent is the spell can only be released once per storing and storing a spell in the ring takes some non-trivial action ?

Let's break it down.

This ring can have a single power...
    It holds one power at a time.

...cast upon it at a time...
    The way you put the power in the ring is by casting the power on it. Most powers require a single action to activate.

...As an action, the wearer can release the spell held within...
    It takes an action to cast the power stored in the ring.

...cast with an arcane skill of d12 (as if cast by a Wild Card)...
    No matter what your arcane skill is (if you have one) or your status (Wild Card or Extra), you roll 1d12+1d6 to activate the power. This determines variable effects and/or is used for powers that are opposed rolls. We do need to add in what happens if you fail to get a success on the casting.

...The spell’s Duration cannot be extended or maintained...
    If you have Power Points, you can't use them to renew the duration of the power when its effect ends.

...but it can be recast.
    I agree this bit is unclear. It doesn't read clearly if I need to store a new casting of the power into the ring before I recast it from the ring or not. We need to clean that language up a bit.

Comment

Working...
    X