Two-Weapon Fighting with Unarmed/Natural Weapons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two-Weapon Fighting with Unarmed/Natural Weapons

Can a character with unarmed strike or natural weapons take advantage of the Two-Weapon Fighting edge (with either one unarmed/natural attack and a second with a weapon, or two unarmed attacks)? With the wording change from SWADE Two-Fisted to PFSW Two-Weapon Fighting to accommodate thrown weapons, it’s not entirely clear. Allowing it would seem to be very much in keeping with the Monk’s flurry of blows style fighting, particularly since it would require investment of two edges to do well.

I’m asking in part because of a recent reply that PEGClint made regarding natural weapons and the “two weapons” rule: “So, the distinction here is creatures or characters with Natural Weapons are "considered" armed, but are not, in fact, armed with melee weapons.”
    https://www.pegforum.com/forum/savag...ting-questions

SWADE’s Two-Fisted “If a character makes a Fighting attack with one action and another from a different hand in a later action” (my group has interpreted this as applying to unarmed attacks)

PFSW Two-Weapon Fighting “If a character battles with a weapon in each hand, the hero can attack with the “good hand” on one action and the other hand in a later action.”

Originally posted by Dogfisc View Post
    Can a character with unarmed strike or natural weapons take advantage of the Two-Weapon Fighting edge (with either one unarmed/natural attack and a second with a weapon, or two unarmed attacks)? With the wording change from SWADE Two-Fisted to PFSW Two-Weapon Fighting to accommodate thrown weapons, it’s not entirely clear. Allowing it would seem to be very much in keeping with the Monk’s flurry of blows style fighting, particularly since it would require investment of two edges to do well.

I’m asking in part because of a recent reply that PEGClint made regarding natural weapons and the “two weapons” rule: “So, the distinction here is creatures or characters with Natural Weapons are "considered" armed, but are not, in fact, armed with melee weapons.”
    https://www.pegforum.com/forum/savag...ting-questions

SWADE’s Two-Fisted “If a character makes a Fighting attack with one action and another from a different hand in a later action” (my group has interpreted this as applying to unarmed attacks)

PFSW Two-Weapon Fighting “If a character battles with a weapon in each hand, the hero can attack with the “good hand” on one action and the other hand in a later action.”
    The Two-Weapon Fighting Edge applies to unarmed and natural weapon attacks too. We'll clarify it.

Thanks!
    Clint Black
    Forum Admin & Rules Answer Guy
    Savage Worlds Brand Manager

Comment

Working...
    X