[SPC2] Multiple Stun Attacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [SPC2] Multiple Stun Attacks

Does the "shaken" result from successive successful attacks with the Stun power accumulate to cause wounds? If I Stun you once and you fail Vigour, you are shaken, if I then Stun you a second time before you unshake, are you wounded? Similarly, if you are already shaken from a conventional attack, would a shaken result from a subsequent Stun attack have any effect at all?

Because it's not an attack that could normally cause wounds, I've been saying that it can't ever stack with pre-existing conditions (from the stun power or different attacks) to cause a wound, but the wording of the power doesn't make it explicit.

I'm assuming that if the Stun power shakes you then a shaken result from a subsequent conventional attack would wound you, as per normal damage rules.

One more situation: if the Stun power is in a sword, and instead of merely touching you with the sword the attacker stabs you, will the stun power still trigger, and if so which effect takes place first -- the stun or the stab? (It might matter, depending on the answer to how the Stun power stacks with other wounds.)

Originally posted by DavidM View Post
    Does the "shaken" result from successive successful attacks with the Stun power accumulate to cause wounds? If I Stun you once and you fail Vigour, you are shaken, if I then Stun you a second time before you unshake, are you wounded? Similarly, if you are already shaken from a conventional attack, would a shaken result from a subsequent Stun attack have any effect at all?

Because it's not an attack that could normally cause wounds, I've been saying that it can't ever stack with pre-existing conditions (from the stun power or different attacks) to cause a wound, but the wording of the power doesn't make it explicit.
    The Stun power has no way of causing a wound as written, and if it can't cause a wound, then it's not a "physical attack." So that call is correct.

A Shaken from a "physical attack" is one that has some innate way it might cause a wound.

And just to clarify, Incapacitation isn't a "wound," it's a state wounds might cause but so could Fatigue or in this case, a good result with the Stun power.

I'm assuming that if the Stun power shakes you then a shaken result from a subsequent conventional attack would wound you, as per normal damage rules.
    Yep, the cause of the existing Shaken doesn't matter, just that an attack caused exactly a Shaken effect.

One more situation: if the Stun power is in a sword, and instead of merely touching you with the sword the attacker stabs you, will the stun power still trigger, and if so which effect takes place first -- the stun or the stab? (It might matter, depending on the answer to how the Stun power stacks with other wounds.)
    See Touch Attacks under Activation in the introduction to the Powers chapter for activating a touch power in a device, but as far as order per that section, "Apply damage first, then resolve the power as usual."

Hope that helps.
    Clint Black
    Forum Admin & Rules Answer Guy
    Savage Worlds Brand Manager

Comment

Working...
    X