[SPC2] Really silly questions about using powers for food

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [SPC2] Really silly questions about using powers for food

Advanced warning, these questions are definitely on the sillier side. In Necessary Evil: Breakout, though, the issue of food and water is a real one. I do realize that players should generally get enough downtime to scavenge for this stuff on their own, but this may come up. Here it goes:

1) Can a Matter Controller who makes water then use that water to hydrate the party? My thinking is that it wouldn't work for created water, but they could probably collect local sources of water easily enough.

2) Can a Matter Controller who controls plants force an orange tree to grow from seeds, and have that tree stay there without concentration? Solid matter that wasn't created will stay in a configuration normally, so I would think you could use it to make an existing plant bigger. Still, something like that could be overpowered in the Breakout setting, given the price of produce.

3) Since we're at it, can you get milk or eggs from a Shapeshifter? Personally I'd just discourage it by making the players the laughingstock of the city if they tried doing it, but I would think that it could be done.

Originally posted by MadScientist1023 View Post
    Advanced warning, these questions are definitely on the sillier side. In Necessary Evil: Breakout, though, the issue of food and water is a real one. I do realize that players should generally get enough downtime to scavenge for this stuff on their own, but this may come up. Here it goes:

1) Can a Matter Controller who makes water then use that water to hydrate the party? My thinking is that it wouldn't work for created water, but they could probably collect local sources of water easily enough.

2) Can a Matter Controller who controls plants force an orange tree to grow from seeds, and have that tree stay there without concentration? Solid matter that wasn't created will stay in a configuration normally, so I would think you could use it to make an existing plant bigger. Still, something like that could be overpowered in the Breakout setting, given the price of produce.

3) Since we're at it, can you get milk or eggs from a Shapeshifter? Personally I'd just discourage it by making the players the laughingstock of the city if they tried doing it, but I would think that it could be done.
    Most of these are very specific situational cases which fall under the GM's purview to rule on, typically based on trappings.

I can say in the first, it's clearly stated that once the controller leaves the range or stops concentrating, the created matter immediately begins to dissolve, so created material isn't likely to fulfill needs to water or food barring some tweaks for trappings.

Also, the power allows for the ability to manipulate ("for pushing, binding, lifting, basic attacks and the like") or shape the matter but not necessarily force grow or more specifically age it.

Note, even if not normally part of the powers, the GM might allow such effects as Power Stunts from it.
    Clint Black
    Forum Admin & Rules Answer Guy
    Savage Worlds Brand Manager

Comment

Working...
    X