[SPC & SWD] Grapple and Attacks and Melee Attack Power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [SPC & SWD] Grapple and Attacks and Melee Attack Power

So last night my GM used the updated grappling rules from Flash Gordon in our supers game. A few questions came up some I found answers to using search-fu, but hear our some other.

Is the only way to damage to a grappled opponent via apposed strength checks, both of us being tanks would much rather use our melee attack powers vs just our strength damage.

* Does Melee Attack Power stack with Strength damage from grappling?

I eventually got out of being Bound into Distracted my GM ruled at this point that I could punch the Giant Were-Shark in the face with normal minuses as we sank further in the ocean, is this correct or did we miss something.

It was still a great night of gaming and my group is really enjoying our first Savage Super-Hero's game.

Thanks

Originally posted by Akondo98 View Post
    So last night my GM used the updated grappling rules from Flash Gordon in our supers game. A few questions came up some I found answers to using search-fu, but hear our some other.
    First, a caveat. The rules in Flash Gordon are not the core rules (for now at least), so these answers can only address how grappling works in the current core book in conjunction with the SPC.

Is the only way to damage to a grappled opponent via apposed strength checks, both of us being tanks would much rather use our melee attack powers vs just our strength damage.
    It's possible to attempt to make a one-handed Fighting attack by only using one hand to maintain the grapple, but since it would normally require two hands to do so, rolls to maintain until the character's next turn would suffer the -4 penalty for attempting an action which requires two hands with only one (see the One Arm Hindrance).

* Does Melee Attack Power stack with Strength damage from grappling?
    Not necessarily inherently, no. It applies specifically to unarmed damage from a Fighting roll, but a GM might allow it based on the specific trapping. Or maybe if the power had Stackable since that allows the power to apply to other forms of attacks but again, that could vary based on the trapping.

I eventually got out of being Bound into Distracted my GM ruled at this point that I could punch the Giant Were-Shark in the face with normal minuses as we sank further in the ocean, is this correct or did we miss something.
    Again, different rules somewhat, but it sounds okay, and really, if the GM ruled it, then it's it was at least correct at that time.
    Clint Black
    Forum Admin & Rules Answer Guy
    Savage Worlds Brand Manager

Comment

Working...
    X