Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [SPC2] Matter Control and Lockpicking

Hey Clint,
    I have a question about using Matter Control for lockpicking. Let's say you have a character with Matter Control over metal. He approaches a door made entirely of metal with a lock made entirely of metal. Matter control can be used to shape metal, so can that controller just tell the lock to undo itself without making a Lockpicking roll? I'm sure with enough points in Matter Control they could just bend the door itself, pop it off its hinges, or something similar, thus bypassing the need for the roll. Depending on trappings, I imagine they could also put it back the way it was before. I'm just curious if a low-level matter controller could do something simple like pop a lock made of the material they control without having the specific Lockpicking skill.
    Thanks!

Originally posted by MadScientist1023 View Post
    Hey Clint,
    I have a question about using Matter Control for lockpicking. Let's say you have a character with Matter Control over metal. He approaches a door made entirely of metal with a lock made entirely of metal. Matter control can be used to shape metal, so can that controller just tell the lock to undo itself without making a Lockpicking roll? I'm sure with enough points in Matter Control they could just bend the door itself, pop it off its hinges, or something similar, thus bypassing the need for the roll. Depending on trappings, I imagine they could also put it back the way it was before. I'm just curious if a low-level matter controller could do something simple like pop a lock made of the material they control without having the specific Lockpicking skill.
    Thanks!
    See here...

http://archive.pegforum.com/viewtopi...427010#p427010
    Clint Black
    Forum Admin & Rules Answer Guy
    Savage Worlds Brand Manager

Comment

Working...
    X