[SFC] Racial Attribute Penalty and Min. Strength

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [SFC] Racial Attribute Penalty and Min. Strength

If a character has a racial Strength Penalty, what's the official ruling on how Minimum Strength for weapons is affected?

I figured that since the penalty is essentially the opposite of an Attribute Increase, min Str would be one higher for that particular race for each point of penalty (i.e., min Str d6 becomes d8 when the penalty is -1 and d10 when the penalty is -2).

Or should the "Strength" penalty apply to Shooting rolls when such a weapon is used?

Originally posted by Deskepticon View Post
    If a character has a racial Strength Penalty, what's the official ruling on how Minimum Strength for weapons is affected?

I figured that since the penalty is essentially the opposite of an Attribute Increase, min Str would be one higher for that particular race for each point of penalty (i.e., min Str d6 becomes d8 when the penalty is -1 and d10 when the penalty is -2).

Or should the "Strength" penalty apply to Shooting rolls when such a weapon is used?
    Officially, it doesn't affect Strength Minimum. On melee weapons, the penalty of course applies to damage as stated in the rules. For range weapons, it's just based on the die type and the penalty doesn't affect the rolls. If a GM wanted more granularity, they might apply the penalty if the character moves in the same round they shoot (similar to Snapfire).
    Clint Black
    Forum Admin & Rules Answer Guy
    Savage Worlds Brand Manager

Comment

Working...
    X