Science Fiction Companion - Kalian's four arms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Science Fiction Companion - Kalian's four arms

Can ambidextrous kalians use their four arms to shoot 4 pistols on the same round as below?

1st arm: pistol
    2nd arm: pistol (two fisted)
    3rd arm: pistol (additional action)
    4th arm: pistol (-2 multiaction penalty)

Total multi action penalty = -2 to all actions.

Is that correct?

Also, if I shoot 2 pistols and just hold 2 rapiers on my other hands do I keep the +2 parry bonus on the same round?

(added link to related question about lyr-srial)
    With the Lyn-Srial's Four Arms or a cybernetic improvement that provides Extra Arms you are granted an additional non-movement action each round. Do these
    Last edited by gandhi39; 04-19-2018, 02:02 PM.

Originally posted by gandhi39 View Post
    Can ambidextrous kalians use their four arms to shoot 4 pistols on the same round as below?

1st arm: pistol
    2nd arm: pistol (two fisted)
    3rd arm: pistol (additional action)
    4th arm: pistol (-2 multiaction penalty)

Total multi action penalty = -2 to all actions.

Is that correct?
    Nope, sorry. Per the race description <italics added>, "Due to their four arms, kalians get one extra nonmovement action."

It's one extra action not one per additional arm. The additional arm just means one of the actions could require two hands, but it doesn't allow for another one-handed action.

So the Kalian above could fire a pistol in two hands and a rifle with the other two but not four separate pistols.

Originally posted by gandhi39 View Post
    Also, if I shoot 2 pistols and just hold 2 rapiers on my other hands do I keep the +2 parry bonus on the same round?
    The Parry bonus from a rapier still applies, but not both. Parry bonuses from weapons don't stack (though penalties do).

Hope that helps.
    Clint Black
    Forum Admin & Rules Answer Guy
    Savage Worlds Brand Manager

Comment

Working...
    X