[SPC2] Extra Action and Switchable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [SPC2] Extra Action and Switchable

If a character has Extra Actions switchable on another power (say, a ranged attack ray-gun), would he be able to use his extra action to draw the gun, switch to his ray-gun power set, and his "normal" action to fire it without penalties? The character couldn't repeat his ranged attack, of course (since he switched out of the ability to repeat actions), I just want to know if a character's Extra Actions can be used before being switched away from.
    Join the Unofficial Savage Worlds Discord!

My thoughts, musings, and general character adaptations on Savage Everything.

Originally posted by DoctorBoson View Post
    If a character has Extra Actions switchable on another power (say, a ranged attack ray-gun), would he be able to use his extra action to draw the gun, switch to his ray-gun power set, and his "normal" action to fire it without penalties? The character couldn't repeat his ranged attack, of course (since he switched out of the ability to repeat actions), I just want to know if a character's Extra Actions can be used before being switched away from.
    Characters declare their actions before resolving them, so the character is stating they are performing two actions, one of which occurs after they no longer have the Extra Actions power (since it has been switched off), so any action after the power is no longer in effect suffers normal MAPs. So the character would indeed suffer the -2 MAP for the ranged attack.

And just to cover both situations, it would work the same way in reverse. The character declares two actions, switching back to Extra Actions after the first. The first action suffers the MAP while the second would not. In short, the character can't get the benefit of Extra Actions when using any power it would be Switchable with.
    Clint Black
    Forum Admin & Rules Answer Guy
    Savage Worlds Brand Manager

Comment

Working...
    X