Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does being Shaken during your turn end your turn? What can you do after being Shaken?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does being Shaken during your turn end your turn? What can you do after being Shaken?

Just wanted some clarification on how this is intended to work. I thought I knew how it was supposed to go, but when called on it I couldn't find where I got the idea from that getting Shaken during your turn immediately ends it.

If you are Shaken because of something you did during your turn, how does the rest of your turn go? What can you do?

I know that you don't get a chance to recover from Shaken for free because that's only at the beginning of your turn per http://archive.pegforum.com/viewtopi...d+turn#p433513.

However, what does that mean you can do? Can you finish your movement or do other things you could do while Shaken? Can you spend a bennie to immediately remove the Shaken status and continue on with your turn as if nothing happened, including taking normal actions?

Here's a simple scenario to illustrate.

I'm in melee combat. I declare I'm going to move away on my turn and then shoot someone else. I move away, my opponent hits me with their free Fighting attack and does enough damage to Shake me.

1. Can I finish that movement? I can move while Shaken, and I still have movement left.

2. Assuming I didn't soak the damage and thus negate the Shaken status, can I spend a bennie to remove the Shaken effect and then make my Shooting action as though nothing happened?

3. Can I take any free actions I might want to, since you can do those while Shaken?

Originally posted by SteelDraco View Post
    Just wanted some clarification on how this is intended to work. I thought I knew how it was supposed to go, but when called on it I couldn't find where I got the idea from that getting Shaken during your turn immediately ends it.

If you are Shaken because of something you did during your turn, how does the rest of your turn go? What can you do?

I know that you don't get a chance to recover from Shaken for free because that's only at the beginning of your turn per http://archive.pegforum.com/viewtopi...d+turn#p433513.

However, what does that mean you can do? Can you finish your movement or do other things you could do while Shaken? Can you spend a bennie to immediately remove the Shaken status and continue on with your turn as if nothing happened, including taking normal actions?

Here's a simple scenario to illustrate.

I'm in melee combat. I declare I'm going to move away on my turn and then shoot someone else. I move away, my opponent hits me with their free Fighting attack and does enough damage to Shake me.

1. Can I finish that movement? I can move while Shaken, and I still have movement left.
    Yep. A Shaken character can perform free actions, so a Shaken target interrupted before resolving a free action can continue to resolve that action.

2. Assuming I didn't soak the damage and thus negate the Shaken status, can I spend a bennie to remove the Shaken effect and then make my Shooting action as though nothing happened?
    Like Soaking, a character can negate a Shaken effect before it is applied by spending a Benny immediately, allowing them to continue to resolve their turn.

3. Can I take any free actions I might want to, since you can do those while Shaken?
    That's not really an issue of being Shaken but whether the GM allows players to change free actions in the middle of resolving their turn, or just like any other action, they must be stated before resolution begins and cannot be changed. Either way is really fine since it affects all characters equally (player and NPC).

Hope that helps.
    Clint Black
    Forum Admin & Rules Answer Guy
    Savage Worlds Brand Manager

Comment

Working...
    X