Size Chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Size Chart

Where can I find the chart that converts between Size+_ to height/length?

And for that matter, some general advice on how size directly or indirectly affects armor, toughness, and pave would be useful. For some reason I can't quite wrap my head around it.
    Starts
    08-09-2017
    Ends
    08-09-2017

Originally posted by Grauenwolf View Post
    Where can I find the chart that converts between Size+_ to height/length?
    Size isn't necessarily a question of height/length as overall mass. Check under Monstrous Abilities in the core book for Size and the general comparison chart of bonus to a creature typically of that size level.

As a rule of thumb, Size 0 could be a range of about 125-250 lbs. Each +1 doubles that range, but each -1 quarters it. So Size +1 would be about 250-500 while Size -1 would be run from about 32-125.

Originally posted by Grauenwolf View Post
    And for that matter, some general advice on how size directly or indirectly affects armor, toughness, and pave would be useful. For some reason I can't quite wrap my head around it.
    Again, the beginning of the Size description in the core <italics added>, "A creature’s size has a lot to do with how much damage it can take, so we add a modifier to its Toughness to reflect its tremendous mass."

So a Size +3 creature adds +3 to it's Toughness for its greater mass, and a Size -1 creature subtracts 1 from it's Toughness for being smaller.

The Size ability does not innately impact Armor or Pace, those are independent of Size and vary based on the specific creature.

It does impact the Small/Large/Huge abilities for creatures (which is noted under their description in the Monstrous Abilities).

Hope that helps and clarifies.
    Clint Black
    Forum Admin & Rules Answer Guy
    Savage Worlds Brand Manager

Comment

Working...
    X