Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boost/Lower Trait clarification...

Hi Clint,

So according to the Boost/Lower Trait power description, it has the effect of adding or removing trait dice from a target.

In the preamble to character creation the description of components of a character sheet tells us that Attributes and Skills are all collectively traits, and I assume by extension the dice you would roll for a skill check or a check against an attribute like a vigor check are all rolling some form of trait dice?

So, does this mean that the Boost/Lower Trait power can be used to boost or lower the dice on a skill like say Shooting, just as you could lower or boost the dice on an attribute like Vigor, because they are all traits?

Am I interpreting this correctly?

And if that is correct, I presume that derived stats such as Toughness or Parry would also be temporarily adjusted if the trait they relied upon is adjusted?

Thank you.

Maelgwyn

Originally posted by Maelgwyn View Post
    So according to the Boost/Lower Trait power description, it has the effect of adding or removing trait dice from a target.

In the preamble to character creation the description of components of a character sheet tells us that Attributes and Skills are all collectively traits, and I assume by extension the dice you would roll for a skill check or a check against an attribute like a vigor check are all rolling some form of trait dice?

So, does this mean that the Boost/Lower Trait power can be used to boost or lower the dice on a skill like say Shooting, just as you could lower or boost the dice on an attribute like Vigor, because they are all traits?
    Yep.

Am I interpreting this correctly?
    Yep!

And if that is correct, I presume that derived stats such as Toughness or Parry would also be temporarily adjusted if the trait they relied upon is adjusted?
    Yep!!
    Clint Black
    Forum Admin & Rules Answer Guy
    Savage Worlds Brand Manager

Comment

Working...
    X