Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AB: Super Powers advancement

Hello Clint,

Arcane Background Super Powers came up in a recent discussion, and it got me wondering about a couple things.

1) By RAW, when the New Power edge is used to acquire a new power, the character does not gain any die ranks in it; that requires further investment. However, I assume---since super powers are skill-based---the power could be used untrained (d4-2). Is this correct?

Or does the hero need to wait until their next advance before they can actually start using the power?

2) By RAW, getting trained in a skill (buying it at d4) requires a full advance. I assume this is true for training in a new super power as well. Or does the caveat of being treated as "always lower than the linked attribute" allow you to buy the power-skill at d4 for half-an-advance?

Thank you for your time.

Originally posted by Deskepticon View Post
    Arcane Background Super Powers came up in a recent discussion, and it got me wondering about a couple things.

1) By RAW, when the New Power edge is used to acquire a new power, the character does not gain any die ranks in it; that requires further investment. However, I assume---since super powers are skill-based---the power could be used untrained (d4-2). Is this correct?
    Yep.

Originally posted by Deskepticon View Post
    2) By RAW, getting trained in a skill (buying it at d4) requires a full advance. I assume this is true for training in a new super power as well. Or does the caveat of being treated as "always lower than the linked attribute" allow you to buy the power-skill at d4 for half-an-advance?
    Being lower than the linked Attribute has no effect on the cost of a new skill (all new skills are lower than the linked Attribute by default), so the normal cost applies.
    Clint Black
    Forum Admin & Rules Answer Guy
    Savage Worlds Brand Manager

Comment

Working...
    X