[SPC2] Notice Skill and Pace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [SPC2] Notice Skill and Pace

Since Notice is a skill, does using that skill cause a MAP when done during a round where other skills (shooting, fighting, swimming,...) are used?
    Can players make more than one Notice roll in a round or is that a violation of the "may not perform the same action twice in a round" rule?
    Should I be using something other than Notice, maybe an Attribute, when player have to react to something?

With powers that raise a character's pace (Flight, Speed), how does a GM deal with notice rolls performed while moving at increased speeds?
    I've toyed with giving them a notice roll in an area of normal pace (6 inches) but this seems like difficult to manage and unpleasant for players. I've also considered multiple Notice rolls all at -2, but with only one Wild die (like automatic firing) but haven't fleshed it out.
    Any suggestions?

Originally posted by miasma25 View Post
    Since Notice is a skill, does using that skill cause a MAP when done during a round where other skills (shooting, fighting, swimming,...) are used?
    Can players make more than one Notice roll in a round or is that a violation of the "may not perform the same action twice in a round" rule?
    Should I be using something other than Notice, maybe an Attribute, when player have to react to something?
    Making a roll in reaction to something (such as an Opposed roll) is a free action, so it doesn't cause or suffer from MAPs. If the player is actively searching, then it may well take an action (or longer).

Originally posted by miasma25 View Post
    With powers that raise a character's pace (Flight, Speed), how does a GM deal with notice rolls performed while moving at increased speeds?
    I've toyed with giving them a notice roll in an area of normal pace (6 inches) but this seems like difficult to manage and unpleasant for players. I've also considered multiple Notice rolls all at -2, but with only one Wild die (like automatic firing) but haven't fleshed it out. Any suggestions?
    Increased movement doesn't provide additional actions (that would be Quickness), but the character also doesn't suffer inherent penalties for moving faster either. Just apply Notice rolls as for any other character, though the movement may allow situational benefits (like height from Flight providing a better field of view).

Hope that helps!
    Clint Black
    Forum Admin & Rules Answer Guy
    Savage Worlds Brand Manager

Comment

Working...
    X