What does Restricted mean?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does Restricted mean?

I am new to SW and setting up my first campaign; a Necessary Evil campaign. While reading the Super Powers Compendium 2nd Edition, I got to page 7 and under New Edges it says, "Some Edges are restricted or changed in a supers campaign, while a few new ones are listed below."

Unfortunately, I can't find the definition of what restricted means is in the rule books I have (SW Deluxe, Necessary Evil, Super Powers Compendium 2nd Ed). Would you please explain what restricted means?

(I'm guessing they are things only available to NPCs or players must have GM approval to select, but I may be off base.)

Thank you in advance.

Originally posted by Brethaldae View Post
    I am new to SW and setting up my first campaign; a Necessary Evil campaign. While reading the Super Powers Compendium 2nd Edition, I got to page 7 and under New Edges it says, "Some Edges are restricted or changed in a supers campaign, while a few new ones are listed below."

Unfortunately, I can't find the definition of what restricted means is in the rule books I have (SW Deluxe, Necessary Evil, Super Powers Compendium 2nd Ed). Would you please explain what restricted means?
    It's not a game term but basic usage of the word, meaning the Edges are subject to "a limitation on the use." Where in this case that use would be "in a supers campaign." In short, the Restricted Edges are not allowed at all in such games. A player would instead use the power system in the SPC with trappings or Modifiers to mimic similar effects (if allowed), and even for NPCs (which can be built however the GM wants), they should only be allowed in extremely rare cases if at all.

Hope that helps and clarifies.
    Clint Black
    Forum Admin & Rules Answer Guy
    Savage Worlds Brand Manager

Comment

Working...
    X