[SPC2] Matter Control - Matter Construct

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [SPC2] Matter Control - Matter Construct

I've got a couple of questions on top of those raised in this thread...

https://www.pegforum.com/forum/offic...rol-constructs

Firstly, would the character have to concentrate on a Construct to maintain it, like the Shape ability of Matter Control?

And secondly, I'm it seems to me that a Construct would only have one of the Special Abilities at a time. Is that the intention? And if so, would the Construct be able to switch between Abilities like they would Switchable powers?

Originally posted by Zaphod Beebledoc View Post
    I've got a couple of questions on top of those raised in this thread...

https://www.pegforum.com/forum/offic...rol-constructs

Firstly, would the character have to concentrate on a Construct to maintain it, like the Shape ability of Matter Control?
    Nope. As per that post, "Once created, they act like normal allies under the creator's command." So after the character takes an action to create the Constructs, there's no other penalty (unless they have to take an action to recreate any that have been destroyed).

Originally posted by Zaphod Beebledoc View Post
    And secondly, I'm it seems to me that a Construct would only have one of the Special Abilities at a time. Is that the intention? And if so, would the Construct be able to switch between Abilities like they would Switchable powers?
    Nothing in a Construct's Special Abilities limits them to one active at a time. They are always a Construct, the nature of their matter grants Armor, they can have some form of innate weapon in their design, the controller can move them through the air so they fly, and their Size if based on the controller's power level. It's all stuff just inherent to what they are. Do note, they are still subject to the range of the power, so barring the Range Modifier, they can't be more than 12" from the controller. If forced farther than that, they would fall apart.

Hope that helps.
    Clint Black
    Forum Admin & Rules Answer Guy
    Savage Worlds Brand Manager

Comment

Working...
    X