(horror companion) Sanity recovery and healing spell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (horror companion) Sanity recovery and healing spell

p 22 recovery sanity seems imply a smart roll (regaining one point of sanity two with a raise) in three possible situation
    the two first , "triumphing over evil" and "a month of rest" are easy to understand.

The third "healing spell" confuse me a little:

-for healing in the golden hour (or outside with greater healing) i think you cast the spell and the target regain 1 (or 2 with a raise) point of sanity on success. But there is no adding smart roll to regain more sanity. Am i correct ?
    -Also there is no limit of the number of casting to recovery sanity by healing spell (considering the golden hour and enough power point). For greater healing with time to have enough power point, you always recovery all sanity lost. (if you get access of such powerful spell of course)

For "psychose", nothing is said precisely, but i assume they are considered "permanent injuries" and a greater healing spell can be used to remove them but you suffer -4 to the casting and this time you can only cast it on time. Am i correct ?

Thanks for the help

Originally posted by Lysenda View Post
    p 22 recovery sanity seems imply a smart roll (regaining one point of sanity two with a raise) in three possible situation
    the two first , "triumphing over evil" and "a month of rest" are easy to understand.

The third "healing spell" confuse me a little:

-for healing in the golden hour (or outside with greater healing) i think you cast the spell and the target regain 1 (or 2 with a raise) point of sanity on success. But there is no adding smart roll to regain more sanity. Am i correct ?
    Correct, the power makes the recovery automatic if successful, so it removes the need for a Smarts roll, it doesn't allow one in addition.

-Also there is no limit of the number of casting to recovery sanity by healing spell (considering the golden hour and enough power point).
    Depends. Casting the Healing spell within one hour is one condition to regain 1 or 2 Sanity, but unlike wounds, it can't necessarily be used repeatedly. The Companion is a guideline for GMs to make their own games. In most horror games, it wouldn't be very horrific if Sanity loss could just be wiped away. Of course, "horror" can also mean fighting supernatural monsters, but typically the Sanity option wouldn't be used for that. However, if a GM wanted to run a game that straddled the line so to speak, they could use Sanity and allow repeat uses of Healing to regain it. Could be interesting as the healer may have to make the decision between healing wounds or healing a psyche if low on PPs.

For "psychose", nothing is said precisely, but i assume they are considered "permanent injuries" and a greater healing spell can be used to remove them but you suffer -4 to the casting and this time you can only cast it on time. Am i correct ?
    Nope. Per the book <italics added>, "Greater healing automatically restores all lost Sanity and psychoses." So if the characters get access to Greater Healing (likely an adventure of itself in a horror game), a successful use can restore someone's mind completely.

Hope that helps!
    Clint Black
    Forum Admin & Rules Answer Guy
    Savage Worlds Brand Manager

Comment

Working...
    X