ROF and multi action penalty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ROF and multi action penalty

OK, stupid question time, but I'm wondering if I have misunderstood the ROF of guns all this time.

The description of ROF in SWD says that you roll a number of dice to attack, equal to your ROF. So ROF 2 = 2 Dice + wild dice for wildcards

If the ROF is 3+ then it's an automatic fire and once again you a number of dice equal to ROF, but this time there is a recoil penalty of -2.

So my question is, if you are rolling multiple dice and therefore making multiple attacks (because they can be aimed at multiple targets) does this also incur a multi action penalty? Or is the act of firing your weapon up to the ROF considered 1 attack action for the purposes of multi action penalty?

Originally posted by Maelgwyn View Post
    OK, stupid question time, but I'm wondering if I have misunderstood the ROF of guns all this time.

The description of ROF in SWD says that you roll a number of dice to attack, equal to your ROF. So ROF 2 = 2 Dice + wild dice for wildcards

If the ROF is 3+ then it's an automatic fire and once again you a number of dice equal to ROF, but this time there is a recoil penalty of -2.
    Just to clarify, the -2 recoil penalty applies for ROF 2+ not just at 3+. Per Automatic Fire, "Automatic weapons (those with an RoF of 2 or higher)" suffer the penalty.

If your copy says 3+, then it could only be an original hardback. Here't the errata sheet for that version...

https://www.peginc.com/freebies/SWco...tes_Errata.pdf

Originally posted by Maelgwyn View Post
    So my question is, if you are rolling multiple dice and therefore making multiple attacks (because they can be aimed at multiple targets) does this also incur a multi action penalty? Or is the act of firing your weapon up to the ROF considered 1 attack action for the purposes of multi action penalty?
    Per Multiple Actions <italics added>, "One Wild Die Per Action: When Wild Cards roll multiple dice for a single action, such as when firing a machine gun, they roll only one Wild Die." So the players is rolling multiple dice, but it counts as a single action, there's no MAP for each individual shot. If the character chose to perform a Test of Will and fire the machine gun, then that's two actions with each suffering a -2 (which applies to all of the dice rolled).

Hope that helps!
    Clint Black
    Forum Admin & Rules Answer Guy
    Savage Worlds Brand Manager

Comment

Working...
    X