Racial ability cost discrepancies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Racial ability cost discrepancies

Hey all, relative newcomer to Savage Worlds here but I've enjoyed playing it at a couple GenCon events and enjoyed running a one-shot supers game with the system set in the City of Heroes setting. Will be running a one-shot sci-fi game set in the FTL universe (slug psions FTW!), but have an eye on running a more long term game in the Dark Sun setting.

I've seen a few Dark Sun conversions online, and will be drawing from them but basically making my own conversion.

I was halfway through converting the races when I noticed that there are point cost discrepancies between some of the books. For example, a racial +1 to Toughness costs 2 points in the Savage Worlds Deluxe Explorer's Edition, and 2 points in the Fantasy Companion, but only 1 point in the Sci-Fi Companion. I noticed that the Sci-Fi companion is the more recently published book and wondered if the cost should be based on the genre (Toughness costs more in a Fantasy setting), or if the more recently published material took precedence. Is there an official ruling on that?

Originally posted by Werebat View Post
    Hey all, relative newcomer to Savage Worlds here but I've enjoyed playing it at a couple GenCon events and enjoyed running a one-shot supers game with the system set in the City of Heroes setting. Will be running a one-shot sci-fi game set in the FTL universe (slug psions FTW!), but have an eye on running a more long term game in the Dark Sun setting.

I've seen a few Dark Sun conversions online, and will be drawing from them but basically making my own conversion.

I was halfway through converting the races when I noticed that there are point cost discrepancies between some of the books. For example, a racial +1 to Toughness costs 2 points in the Savage Worlds Deluxe Explorer's Edition, and 2 points in the Fantasy Companion, but only 1 point in the Sci-Fi Companion. I noticed that the Sci-Fi companion is the more recently published book and wondered if the cost should be based on the genre (Toughness costs more in a Fantasy setting), or if the more recently published material took precedence. Is there an official ruling on that?
    Use the more recent version from the SFC if available.
    Clint Black
    Forum Admin & Rules Answer Guy
    Savage Worlds Brand Manager

Comment

Working...
    X