Arcane Resistance + Teleport

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arcane Resistance + Teleport

So, if I am attempting to use teleport on a group of people, one of whom has Arcane Resistance, how does the latter affect my casting roll:

1: The whole attempt is affected by the highest level of AR in the group, with everyone getting either a pass or a fail.
    2: The spell is cast normally, but the AR is then applied with respect to the resistant character only (meaning he might get left behind, or, if the Power was cast with a Raise initially, might end up not traveling as far as everyone else).

Originally posted by Freemage View Post
    So, if I am attempting to use teleport on a group of people, one of whom has Arcane Resistance, how does the latter affect my casting roll:

1: The whole attempt is affected by the highest level of AR in the group, with everyone getting either a pass or a fail.
    2: The spell is cast normally, but the AR is then applied with respect to the resistant character only (meaning he might get left behind, or, if the Power was cast with a Raise initially, might end up not traveling as far as everyone else).
    Could be different due to trappings, but the modifier is subtracted from friendly rolls to affect the hero. If that same roll also affects others, then the penalty applies for them too.

In short, it would (usually) be #1.
    Clint Black
    Forum Admin & Rules Answer Guy
    Savage Worlds Brand Manager

Comment

Working...
    X