Upcoming Savage Rifts Books & Savage Black

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upcoming Savage Rifts Books & Savage Black

Will the three new Savage Rifts books be written using Savage Black or the current ruleset?

What do you call "Savage Black" ?

Comment

Originally posted by merlyn View Post
      What do you call "Savage Black" ?

The new edition/ revision of Savage Worlds rules.

Comment

You mean the rules in the SavavS Worlds deluxe explorer edition ?

Comment

You mean the rules in the SavavS Worlds deluxe explorer edition ?

No. Google Savage Black.

Its a proposed revision/ reworking of the SWD.

Comment

I was not aware of a new edition of the Savage Worlds Core Rules.

I have the Savage Worlds Deluxe Explorer Edition, the Science Fiction Companion (these two both in English and French), The Super Powers second edition compagnon, Savage Rifts, Necessary Evil Explorer Edition. What will be the impact of Savage Black on it ?
            Last edited by merlyn; 05-16-2018, 03:53 PM.

Comment

. What will be the impact of Savage Black on it ?
              Minimal mate.

It looks like minor revisions and tweaks and the sort of thing that will be able to easily rectified with a conversion document

Comment

merlyn There is a new edition coming, currently known as Savage Worlds Black. Not sure why folks are being so lazy that they reduce it to Savage Black, but I am often disappointed and confused by people. I'll attribute it to that.

They announced the project around last GenCon (probably, I can't find the link right now), along with an updated core book for Deadlands: Reloaded (replacing the two books with a single volume again), updated Fantasy and Horror companions and a few other things.
                I hope you find the above post useful. And not insulting, because I was trying to be helpful, not insulting; being a pedantic jerk, that isn't always clear.

Comment

What do you call "Savage Black" ? ?????????????????????????????

Comment

I understand there is a Kickstarter being planned for Savage World Black (SWB). Is there any information about when Pinnacle will be starting this? I ask because I backed the Monster Hunter International KS and they're going to wait for SWB to come out. I'm not upset, just eager!

Comment

Sorry, nothing quite yet on the schedule, and we're aware of the effect on some licensees and are working on that.
                      Clint Black
                      Forum Admin & Rules Answer Guy
                      Savage Worlds Brand Manager

Comment

Originally posted by PEGClint View Post
                        Sorry, nothing quite yet on the schedule, and we're aware of the effect on some licensees and are working on that.
                        Like I said, no problem. Just looking forward to both the new Savage Worlds and Monster Hunter!

Comment

Originally posted by Malifice View Post

Minimal mate.

It looks like minor revisions and tweaks and the sort of thing that will be able to easily rectified with a conversion document
                          I hope it will have some of the simple changes found in a recent Savage Worlds setting Kickstarter, such as skill consolidations and tweaks, and a relaxing of some of the requirements for Edges.

Comment

Working...
                          X