SWADE Quick Encounters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SWADE Quick Encounters

I ran my group through a Quick Encounters chase scene as they fled out of the city and the growing mob of crazed citizens. The rules have everyone rolling for the applicable skill associated with their declared action. It states that wounds can be soaked as usual if they fail their rolls. So, do they have the ability to benny and re-roll the skill to prevent the wound in the first place? Or is the failed roll considered part of the abbreviated Quick Encounter scenario? My initial thought would be this is essentially a GM's call.

Quick Encounters don't restrict re-rolls in any way.

If the character has a Critical Failure, a lot of penalties, or a really low skill die type then saving bennies to Soak can make a lot of sense.
    I hope you find the above post useful. And not insulting, because I was trying to be helpful, not insulting; being a pedantic jerk, that isn't always clear.

Comment

Thanks. Later on I realized I should have offered the players a chance to re-roll (benny) the skill checks. They all succeeded but ended up with a level of Fatigue (bumps & bruises).

Comment

Working...
      X