Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member : Trismegiste

Hello everybody !

I a big fan of Savage worlds products. For 3 years, I am using SaWo for my conversion of Nephilim (a french RPG about occult and surpernatural beings in a modern world, I'm french by the way). It works great, I'm about 60+ game sessions with this conversion, it runs smoothly, thanks to SaWo.

Today, I am creating a new setting about vampires, not the "World of Darkness way", more like Anne Rice's books and I need the Super Powers Companion to create most of the powers (Super-Attribute, Super-Skill, Extra-actions for the most part). The creation process looks good but I have questions about skills advancements and experience.

I've searched in the archive forum but I have not found an answer and the forum about Official Companions here is blocked, I cannot post new topic. What's the heck ?

Where can I post my questions ?

Thanks in advance

Welcome.

The official answers sections are still closed; they were shut shortly before the kickstarter campaign for the latest version of the rules (Adventure Edition). They should be opening up again soon, but we don't have a date yet.

For now, most questions get discussed in the general discussion section, or wherever.

I'm not sure why you'd have issues with skills that you don't already know the answers to. Super Attribute / Skill adds to the base Traits, and those base Traits can be increased to d12 (or whatever the racial maximum is) normally. So an archer with Super Shooting 4 has Shooting d12+3, and a base Shooting d10; use one advance to improve Shooting and it's now d12+4, with a base d12, and cannot be improved again without using and Edge or power.
    I hope you find the above post useful. And not insulting, because I was trying to be helpful, not insulting; being a pedantic jerk, that isn't always clear.

Comment

Thank you for your quick reply.

About your example on increasing Shooting from d10 to d12 with one Advance : how about the linked Attribute Agility ?
      If the PC has, let's say, d12 in Agility, does it cost the double (one Advance) to increase Shooting from d12+3 (base d10) to d12+4 (base d12) ? Or only half an Advance because the Skill is below the linked Attribute ? (question 1)

And if the PC has d12 in Agility with the Super Attribute power, will you use the linked attribute base (let's say d4, with 4 Super Attribute levels) or the final value (d12) to evaluate the cost of all Agility-based skills with Advances ? (question 2)

Same question about Edge requirements : for example the Thief professional Edge needs d8+ in Agility, is it ok to have d4 in Agility plus 2 levels of Super-Attribute (therefore d8) to buy this Edge with a standard Advance (and not with Super-Edge where Trait requirements don't matter) ? (question 3)

These are my questions. I hope I am clear, I find difficult to talk about RPG rules issues in English, this is not my native tongue, sorry.

Comment

1) "Half an Advance". The character can increase two skills below the linked attributes.
        2) Total Attribute. Faster skill acquisition is one of the few benefits to Super Attributes (other than Strength and Vigor).
        3) GM call. Personally, I'm fine with it (you meet the requirements of the edge) but some GM will rule differently. I'm unaware of any relevant official rulings about this, and was unable to find one after checking the archives.
        I hope you find the above post useful. And not insulting, because I was trying to be helpful, not insulting; being a pedantic jerk, that isn't always clear.

Comment

Thank you for your answers. It's simple and logical.

For the 3, I am fine with it too, it makes sense, according the 2 answers above.

This removes any doubt about my conversion, that's cool.
          Last edited by Trismegiste; 04-04-2019, 07:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X