A problem with PFD printing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A problem with PFD printing

So I bought some books in PDF format with the intent of having them printed and bound. I did this because I wish to run a savage rifts game tomorrow (9/7) and had little notice so it would be cheaper to do that than pay for overnighting mail. On presenting my USB to the associate and him examining the files I was told that while I have permission to print them it is still legally risky for them to do so with some sort of permission from the publisher of said books. Is that something I can get and how would I go about that.

Thank you.

The permission is in the pdf file.

Look at the cover of the pdf in adobe reader / whatever. You'll see a yellow "note" icon in the upper left corner. Point your cursor at that icon and it should expand into a note that has several paragraphs. The last paragraph reads:
    This document may be printed for personal use.
    Almost all PEG pdf books have that note, and all of my Savage RIFTS books definitely have it. Along with the companions.
    Last edited by ValhallaGH; 09-07-2018, 01:42 AM.
    I hope you find the above post useful. And not insulting, because I was trying to be helpful, not insulting; being a pedantic jerk, that isn't always clear.

Comment

Apparently, at least according to the guy at Staples, that means I can print it but does not give a third party permission to receive pay to print it for me.

Comment

• ValhallaGH
        ValhallaGH commented
        Editing a comment
        Then your specific Staples guy is a dick.
        They can't print any copies you do not specifically ask for, they can't retain copies of the files, and they can't distribute printings to anyone - but they can absolutely print a copy of your file and then hand it to you, in exchange for cash.

Problem solved by Jodi.

Comment

Originally posted by Bahrman View Post
        Problem solved by Jodi.
        Many are
        In the San Antonio Area?Join us every other Saturday for some Savage goodness.

Comment

Care to share who the problem was solved? For anyone else that has the same issue/question.
          Like what you have read in someone's post? Hit that like button and let everyone know.

I run Deadlands Reloaded. One of my players writes an incharacter blog here --> http://ballgownsandbattleskirts.blog...deadlands.html

Comment

Working...
          X