Metal Mage archetype shorted an Advancement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metal Mage archetype shorted an Advancement

In breaking down the Metal Mage archetype for one of my players, I noticed that the Repair d8 and Weird Science d8 Advancements should be one as the Mad Mage has d8 Smarts. So there should be one more Novice Advancement.
    I also need clarification on if an Arcane Background gets their casting skill for free at a d4. Otherwise, the archetype spent 13 points on skills base after accounting for the given advancements.

Originally posted by Jobe00 View Post
    In breaking down the Metal Mage archetype for one of my players, I noticed that the Repair d8 and Weird Science d8 Advancements should be one as the Mad Mage has d8 Smarts. So there should be one more Novice Advancement.
    I also need clarification on if an Arcane Background gets their casting skill for free at a d4. Otherwise, the archetype spent 13 points on skills base after accounting for the given advancements.
    Characters do not get a d4 in arcane skill "for free," and by my count, the character spent 12 points to start with (though he is missing an advancement, and I'll follow up on that).

Hope that helps.
    Clint Black
    Forum Admin & Rules Answer Guy
    Savage Worlds Brand Manager

Comment

Working...
    X