Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deadlands Pistolero Double tap

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Deadlands Pistolero Double tap

    I​​​​I have a Deadlands character with the edges:
    Two-fisted
    Marksman
    Rock and Roll
    Ambidexterous
    Pistolero (fire 2 double action pistols as if RoF2)

    One round, close range, without moving, D12 Shooting, standard double action pistol:

    Left hand - 1st shot - Target A - D12
    Left hand - 2nd shot - Target B - double tap - D12+1
    Right hand - 1st shot - target C - D12
    Right hand - 2nd shot - target D - Double Tap - D12+1

    Question 1) Is double tap exclusive to RoF1 semi-automatic guns?

    Question 2) Can I do double Tap at all with Pistolero?

    Question 3) can I do the same thing twice if in different hands with two-fisted edge, or is just one of those Double taps valid?

    Question 4) does double Tap count as an action at all or is it just a modification of an action? Could I do it all four times?

    Question 5) Do I only get 1 wild die to replace any of these 4 rolls?


    Last edited by [email protected]; 12-21-2017, 04:42 AM.

  • #2
    Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
    I​​​​I have a Deadlands character with the edges:
    Two-fisted
    Marksman
    Rock and Roll
    Ambidexterous
    Pistolero (fire 2 double action pistols as if RoF2)

    One round, close range, without moving, D12 Shooting, standard double action pistol:

    Left hand - 1st shot - Target A - D12
    Left hand - 2nd shot - Target B - double tap - D12+1
    Right hand - 1st shot - target C - D12
    Right hand - 2nd shot - target D - Double Tap - D12+1

    Question 1) Is double tap exclusive to RoF1 semi-automatic guns?​
    Well, Deadlands specifically notes that double-action revolvers can use Double Tap. Otherwise, by the core rules a weapon needs to be a Semi-Auto or be a full automatic capable of single shot mode (which makes it semi-automatic).

    Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
    Question 2) Can I do double Tap at all with Pistolero?​
    Nope. Per Double Taps & Three Round Bursts in the Situational Combat Rules <italics added>, "Double tapping is a single Shooting roll that gives the user +1 to hit and damage but expends two rounds of ammunition." So Double Tap can only be used with a single attack.

    And the next sentence notes that a fully-automatic weapon has to choose between single shot (for Double Tap), burst fire (for 3RB), or full-auto. So each is independent of the others and can't be combined. Since Pistolero uses all the same rules as full-auto, it works the same.

    Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
    Question 3) can I do the same thing twice if in different hands with two-fisted edge, or is just one of those Double taps valid?​
    As noted above, none of the above Double Taps would be "valid."

    Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
    Question 4) does double Tap count as an action at all or is it just a modification of an action? Could I do it all four times?​
    Again, nope. Double Tap is an option for a single Shooting attack.

    Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
    Question 5) Do I only get 1 wild die to replace any of these 4 rolls?​
    Attacking with each hand counts as two separate actions and Wild Cards get their Wild Die with each action. So if using Pistolero, the character would roll 2 Shooting dice and 1 Wild Die for the left hand and then the same for the right hand. Each Wild Die can only replace one of the two dice they are rolled with.

    Hope that helps.
    Clint Black
    Forum Admin & Rules Answer Guy
    Savage Worlds Brand Manager

    Comment

    Working...
    X