WWC: Hunting Grounds Fear Level?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WWC: Hunting Grounds Fear Level?

I love the rules for running an adventure through the Hunting Grounds! Quick question: do the Hunting Grounds have a fear level? I can't imagine the Black Hills having a fear level of -3 but the home of manitous is zero? Or would it be considered a Deadland? Then again…people don't live in the Hunting Grounds so how could it have a fear level?

If anyone has an idea, I would appreciate your input! Thanks!

Originally posted by Shifty_eyed View Post
    I love the rules for running an adventure through the Hunting Grounds! Quick question: do the Hunting Grounds have a fear level? I can't imagine the Black Hills having a fear level of -3 but the home of manitous is zero? Or would it be considered a Deadland? Then again…people don't live in the Hunting Grounds so how could it have a fear level?

If anyone has an idea, I would appreciate your input! Thanks!
    Since "Most of the Hunting Grounds are mirror images of the physical world," the Fear Level in the Hunting Grounds tends to match the same location on Earth. That's why the Spirit Sight Modifier where "The hero can “shift” her view to see the Hunting Grounds version of her current location," has the immediate effect of "Doing so tells her the area’s Fear Level."

Now, it could vary (usually being a level higher) with higher manitou activity in the Hunting Grounds which hasn't yet manifested on Earth. But usually, the Fear Level reflects the amount of activity in the Hunting Grounds.

If the location is unique to the Hunting Grounds, then it depends on that specific place. The Deadlands of the Hunting Grounds for instance are their own realm, but as noted, "have the same characteristics" as a Deadlands location (Fear Level 6) on Earth.

As to Hell, well, I think the Fear Level there is pretty obvious.

Hope that helps.
    Clint Black
    Forum Admin & Rules Answer Guy
    Savage Worlds Brand Manager

Comment

Working...
    X