Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Infernal Device Malfunctions

Hello all,

Forgive me if this has been answered before. I have a question about the malfunction rule.

When a character using a gizmo or infernal device rolls 1 on his trait die (regardless of the result of the Wild Die), be that the scientist’s Weird Science skill,or a skill appropriate to the device, it malfunctions spectacularly.

My question is: What if the character has a trait as high as 1d12+2? Does the roll count as a one if he rolls a one; or would a 1 on the dice count as a 3?
    The Reckoners told me I had to...

Originally posted by Dead Man's Hand View Post
    Forgive me if this has been answered before. I have a question about the malfunction rule.

When a character using a gizmo or infernal device rolls 1 on his trait die (regardless of the result of the Wild Die), be that the scientist’s Weird Science skill,or a skill appropriate to the device, it malfunctions spectacularly.

My question is: What if the character has a trait as high as 1d12+2? Does the roll count as a one if he rolls a one; or would a 1 on the dice count as a 3?
    Any time the rules say something like "rolls a 1 on the Trait die," then it means exactly that, when a 1 is rolled on the die and modifiers don't apply (bonuses or penalties). So a d12 Trait always has a 1 in 12 chance of a malfunction even with a +2 or a –4.

Hope that helps.
    Clint Black
    Forum Admin & Rules Answer Guy
    Savage Worlds Brand Manager

Comment

Working...
    X