Fate Pot

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fate Pot

I'm running a Deadlands classic game with the 20th Anniversary book. The question I have is; how often should you rest the Fate Pot back to the starting number of chips(excluding Legend Chips)? Over the course of several games, with players cashing in earned chips, the balance begins to get thrown off and the total number of chips increases.

Originally posted by tallpaleandmoody View Post
    I'm running a Deadlands classic game with the 20th Anniversary book. The question I have is; how often should you rest the Fate Pot back to the starting number of chips(excluding Legend Chips)? Over the course of several games, with players cashing in earned chips, the balance begins to get thrown off and the total number of chips increases.
    Not sure I'm understanding. The total number of chips never changes (other than adding Legend Chips). When the players use their chips for any reason, they go back in the pot. If they have chips remaining at the end of a session, they write them down before putting them back in the pot, then take them out of the pot at the beginning of the next session.

And if the Marshal awards Fate Chips, they come from the pot as well.

In short (again barring Legend Chips), there are always 85 chips.
    Last edited by PEGClint; 10-14-2017, 04:29 PM. Reason: Adding Marshal awards come from the pot.
    Clint Black
    Forum Admin & Rules Answer Guy
    Savage Worlds Brand Manager

Comment

Working...
    X