[DLR] Wilderness Man and SWD Woodsman

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DLR] Wilderness Man and SWD Woodsman

Both of these Edges provide similar benefits, with different prerequisites. If a character with the Wilderness Man Edge qualifies for the Woodsman Edge, does the +2 to Survival and Tracking stack with the +2 from Wilderness Man when the character is in the wilderness or does he only get the benefit of the +2 to Stealth?

Also, Woodsman provides its bonuses to Survival and Tracking only when in the wilderness, but Wilderness Man does not have this limitation. In addition to the stacking bit above, would a character with Woodsman that later took Wilderness Man have the "wilderness" restriction removed in addition to picking of the +2 to Vigor rolls to
    resist Fatigue from Heat or Cold?

Originally posted by mac40k View Post
    Both of these Edges provide similar benefits, with different prerequisites. If a character with the Wilderness Man Edge qualifies for the Woodsman Edge, does the +2 to Survival and Tracking stack with the +2 from Wilderness Man when the character is in the wilderness or does he only get the benefit of the +2 to Stealth?
    Both are Professional Edges and the core rules note under that category, "Stacking: Bonuses to the same Trait from different Professional Edges do not stack. If you make a hero with both the Woodsman and the Thief Edges, for example, he gains +2 to his Stealth skill, not +4."

So, nope, the bonuses do not stack, so if the character with Wilderness Man took Woodsman, they would just get the +2 to Stealth.

Originally posted by mac40k View Post
    Also, Woodsman provides its bonuses to Survival and Tracking only when in the wilderness, but Wilderness Man does not have this limitation. In addition to the stacking bit above, would a character with Woodsman that later took Wilderness Man have the "wilderness" restriction removed in addition to picking of the +2 to Vigor rolls to
    resist Fatigue from Heat or Cold?
    As noted, the bonuses to Survival and Tracking would not stack, but they would gain the +2 to Vigor rolls.

While it's different from a ruling on the old forums (which I can't change at the moment), I'm going to go ahead and clarify that "made in the wilderness" applies solely to the Stealth roll for Woodsman. It does not apply to the other skills. This is a rare case where I can clarify something in the current rules which will make my life easier in, say, two months or so.

Hope that helps!
    Clint Black
    Forum Admin & Rules Answer Guy
    Savage Worlds Brand Manager

Comment

Working...
    X