Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DLR] Spirit Touched Knack and Rank requirements

Hi!

I was checking out The Last Sons and the new options for the Knack Edge on p. 21 of that supplements allows characters to take any Power from the Blessed, Shaman or Huckster list. The Edges requirements, as far as Rank is concerned, is Novice and nothing is mentioned regarding Rank requirements of he selected Power. So am I correct in assuming, that this could grant (to a limited extent) a high-Rank Power to a Novice character?

Thank you for your time,

Chris

Originally posted by Fnorder View Post
    I was checking out The Last Sons and the new options for the Knack Edge on p. 21 of that supplements allows characters to take any Power from the Blessed, Shaman or Huckster list. The Edges requirements, as far as Rank is concerned, is Novice and nothing is mentioned regarding Rank requirements of he selected Power. So am I correct in assuming, that this could grant (to a limited extent) a high-Rank Power to a Novice character?
    Marshal might allow it (with restrictions), but nothing in the Edge says "ignoring Rank," and per Powers in the core rules, "This is the Rank a character must be in order to learn this power:" So since Knack is (almost) always limited to Novice, it would be a Novice power.

Again, Marshall might allow it. Perhaps the player chooses a higher Rank power, but couldn't access it until they reached the necessary Rank. Or maybe they can, but suffer a –2 penalty per Rank below the neede one (and any result of a modified 1 due to that penalty works as a natural 1). Different ways it could be done really.

Also one clarification to add. While a player can choose a power from any of those lists, the allowed list is dependent "on what type of spirit guards your hero." So a character can't have a nature spirit and choose a Huckster or Blessed only power. Course, the character might think it's a nature spirit, but it ain't.
    Clint Black
    Forum Admin & Rules Answer Guy
    Savage Worlds Brand Manager

Comment

Working...
    X