(HoE) Veteran o' the Wasted West and Lucky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (HoE) Veteran o' the Wasted West and Lucky

I have a player that created a character at home and chose the VotWW and Lucky Edges. When we drew for the problem he picked up he drew a Deuce and picked up Bad Luck. According to Bad Luck you cannot have both Bad Luck and Lucky.

How should this be balanced? For now I told him he will just get the base three Bennies and cannot take Great Luck. My logic being that he may have had good luck but whatever happened burned it up and now he is just a "normal hero".
    I have way too much time but do not always edit myself properly. Please do not take offense.

Originally posted by Erolat View Post
    I have a player that created a character at home and chose the VotWW and Lucky Edges. When we drew for the problem he picked up he drew a Deuce and picked up Bad Luck. According to Bad Luck you cannot have both Bad Luck and Lucky.

How should this be balanced? For now I told him he will just get the base three Bennies and cannot take Great Luck. My logic being that he may have had good luck but whatever happened burned it up and now he is just a "normal hero".
    Bingo. A character with Bad Luck can't take the Luck Edge (or any Edge requiring it like Great Luck or Scavenger), but a character with Luck could gain the Bad Luck Hindrance through later events. It doesn't make the Edge go away but it does prevent the character from taking any further Luck-based Edges.
    Clint Black
    Forum Admin & Rules Answer Guy
    Savage Worlds Brand Manager

Comment

Working...
    X