Hexslinger Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hexslinger Questions

One of my player's chose the Hexslinger background, and I have a few questions about it. Specifically, about the Shootist power.

1. The Shootist bullet, Loaded for Bear. It adds +1 die type to the weapon damage. She's using a rifle (2d8) damage, and she thinks it means that her damage becomes 2d10. My thought is that it adds a die of the same die type she already uses for that weapon, and it should be 3d8.

2. As a related question, Sacramento Surprise says it gives +1 die of energy damage. Does she get 2d8 regular damage, and a d8 energy damage?

3. Can Deadeye make Novice Shootist bullets free?

4. Can you add smite to the Shootist bullets?

Thanks in advance!

Originally posted by Defector View Post
    One of my player's chose the Hexslinger background, and I have a few questions about it. Specifically, about the Shootist power.

1. The Shootist bullet, Loaded for Bear. It adds +1 die type to the weapon damage. She's using a rifle (2d8) damage, and she thinks it means that her damage becomes 2d10. My thought is that it adds a die of the same die type she already uses for that weapon, and it should be 3d8.
    She's correct. It adds a die type not an additional die. So a 2d8 weapon would do 2d10 with Loaded For Bear ammunition.

2. As a related question, Sacramento Surprise says it gives +1 die of energy damage. Does she get 2d8 regular damage, and a d8 energy damage?
    Correct, that adds a die of damage using the same die type of the weapon.

3. Can Deadeye make Novice Shootist bullets free?
    Nope. Deadeye reduces PP cost when the hexslinger <italics added> "rolls a raise to activate a power." Shootist creates the runes and spends the power points before activation. As noted in the power, "a Shooting roll is needed to activate these bullets."

In short, Deadeye doesn't affect the Shootist power.

[This is an update from an older ruling from those wondering.]

4. Can you add smite to the Shootist bullets?
    It would affect them if in the ranged weapon affected when the power is cast.
    Clint Black
    Forum Admin & Rules Answer Guy
    Savage Worlds Brand Manager

Comment

Working...
    X