Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DLR] Los Diablos Immunity

Hey all.

I have a thread going right now asking about solutions for a Los Diablos encounter in the Epitaph section. An alternate interpretation of the rules was pointed out to me by ValhallaGH over there.

I thought, based on Los Diablos Immunity:

Immunity (All): Diablos are immune to all attacks except those of its particular target.
    That each bull picks one target who's Heroic or higher, and only that character is capable of harming that particular bull. (I presumed that if the target dies, the Bull either leaves, or picks one of the remaining Heroic+ characters as its new target, since they only leave once they or all their targets are dead.) I kind of like this, since it really drives home the "fated enemy" part of the Diablos.

However, based on this passage in their description:

These heroes are the devil bulls’ sworn enemies and the only individuals Fate allows them to hunt. The bulls can only harm or be harmed by those of Heroic rank or higher, and fight until they or all their prey are dead.
    His interpretation is that any Wild Card is capable of harming any of the bulls, as long as they're Heroic or higher.

Which is it?

Originally posted by AlanaRay View Post
    Hey all.

I have a thread going right now asking about solutions for a Los Diablos encounter in the Epitaph section. An alternate interpretation of the rules was pointed out to me by ValhallaGH over there.

I thought, based on Los Diablos Immunity:

Immunity (All): Diablos are immune to all attacks except those of its particular target.
    That each bull picks one target who's Heroic or higher, and only that character is capable of harming that particular bull. (I presumed that if the target dies, the Bull either leaves, or picks one of the remaining Heroic+ characters as its new target, since they only leave once they or all their targets are dead.) I kind of like this, since it really drives home the "fated enemy" part of the Diablos.

However, based on this passage in their description:

These heroes are the devil bulls’ sworn enemies and the only individuals Fate allows them to hunt. The bulls can only harm or be harmed by those of Heroic rank or higher, and fight until they or all their prey are dead.
    His interpretation is that any Wild Card is capable of harming any of the bulls, as long as they're Heroic or higher.

Which is it?
    More the latter. Per their description <italics added>

"Los Diablos hunt posses who become thorns in the Reckoners’ sides. Fate rules even these mighty beings, however, so Los Diablos are only allowed to walk the earth on certain occasions. When all the characters in a posse are at least Heroic rank, and gain the attention of the Reckoners by foiling one of their better schemes, Los Diablos pay them a visit."

"There is one diablo for every character of Heroic rank or higher in the group. These heroes are the devil bulls’ sworn enemies and the only individuals Fate allows them to hunt."

So the posse is Los Diablos target, not any particular individual hero. In fact, it states, "Loners are usually left alone—sending the devil bulls after individuals is overkill even for the Reckoners."

So there's one diablo for each character shows up, but any of the characters in the posse can harm any of the devil bulls.

Theoretically, other Heroic or higher Rank Wild Cards could affect Los Diablos, but if they are hanging out with the targeted posse, it's not impossible for them to be considered part of the group and extra Los Diablos to be thrown in for them.
    Clint Black
    Forum Admin & Rules Answer Guy
    Savage Worlds Brand Manager

Comment

Working...
    X