Consecrate item Vs. cursed Noose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Consecrate item Vs. cursed Noose

So in a recent classic deadlands game we tangled with a hanging judge I’m playing a blessed and grabbed the noose worn by the judge and while strangling it I had an idea to attempt to consecrate it rolled a d12 that rolled 12 and rerolled a 6 our gm declared not really knowing how to resolve this declared I burned the curse binding this poor soul to being a Hangin Judge leaving me with a relic abomination killing noose. wondering how this would have been handled officially

Originally posted by Necreth View Post
    So in a recent classic deadlands game we tangled with a hanging judge I’m playing a blessed and grabbed the noose worn by the judge and while strangling it I had an idea to attempt to consecrate it rolled a d12 that rolled 12 and rerolled a 6 our gm declared not really knowing how to resolve this declared I burned the curse binding this poor soul to being a Hangin Judge leaving me with a relic abomination killing noose. wondering how this would have been handled officially
    Well, the Marshal made a call in a unique situation based on a player's creative idea which is what the Marshal is there to do, so "officially," that's how it should be handled.

However, "by the book," Consecrate Item works "Only items of specific important to the blessed’s religion are eligible. Examples of such items are holy water, crucifixes, prayer cloths, oils, incense, and the like.
    A character couldn’t consecrate barbed wire unless he had a rather, shall we say, unique religion."

So unless a noose is important to the character's faith, the miracle wouldn't have worked (though the character would know that).

There's also the issue that it takes one full minute to perform that miracle, and I doubt the character was strangling a Hangin' Judge for 12 rounds in combat to pull that off.

But again, Marshal's call is just as "official" as what's in the book.
    Clint Black
    Forum Admin & Rules Answer Guy
    Savage Worlds Brand Manager

Comment

Working...
    X