[Classic] Using red and blue chips on ace rolls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Classic] Using red and blue chips on ace rolls

I would like to know what happens in the two situations with using fate chips in Deadlands Classic system:

1. I roll a trait test with for example 3d8 and the results are 1, 2 and 8. I roll on dice which resulted in 8 again since it was Ace and gets 3, so 11 is my result but I'm not happy with it so I use red (or blue) chip to roll additional d8 and I get 5 on it. Can I add that 5 to 11 and my final result is 16? Or can I add it only to initial 8 on the dice and my final result is 13?

2. I roll a trait test with for example 3d8 and the results are 1, 2 and 3. I'm not happy with it and use red chip to roll additional d8 and get 4 on it. So now I have a result 7 but still I'm not happy so I use blue chip to roll additional d8 and get 5 on it. Can I add that 5 to result gained with red chip? So 7+5 and my final result is 12? Or can I only add this 5 to my starting roll result so 3+5 and my result is 8?

Originally posted by Gohan View Post
    I would like to know what happens in the two situations with using fate chips in Deadlands Classic system:

1. I roll a trait test with for example 3d8 and the results are 1, 2 and 8. I roll on dice which resulted in 8 again since it was Ace and gets 3, so 11 is my result but I'm not happy with it so I use red (or blue) chip to roll additional d8 and I get 5 on it. Can I add that 5 to 11 and my final result is 16? Or can I add it only to initial 8 on the dice and my final result is 13?
    The extra die adds to the highest die result, so the result would be 16.

Originally posted by Gohan View Post
    2. I roll a trait test with for example 3d8 and the results are 1, 2 and 3. I'm not happy with it and use red chip to roll additional d8 and get 4 on it. So now I have a result 7 but still I'm not happy so I use blue chip to roll additional d8 and get 5 on it. Can I add that 5 to result gained with red chip? So 7+5 and my final result is 12? Or can I only add this 5 to my starting roll result so 3+5 and my result is 8?
    A single Red and a single Blue chip can be used on each roll, and their results can stack. So in the example, the result would be 12.

Hope that helps.
    Clint Black
    Forum Admin & Rules Answer Guy
    Savage Worlds Brand Manager

Comment

Working...
    X